Battery life after SetCPU, autokiller

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I finally rooted and downloaded SetCPU and autokiller, Also have titanium backup ad-free, and autorun killer

Battery life is terrible. Maybe its one of my settings? I took so screen shots.

Also is there a way to take a screen shot where it doesn't say droidcap has gotten permission in everyone?

Thanks

El Poblano

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Seriously, the most effective was of saving your battery is to undervolt. 12:30 since unplug, and still at 70% battery, with moderate-heavy use. I haven't had battery problems since. Also, I noticed your autokiller settings were a bit low. I usually keep mine at extreme, though I guess its more opinion than anything.
Edit: The drocap permission bubble is from the SU app. In the menu within the superuser you can turn these notifications off, I hated that too.

Last edited:

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Truthfully, I wouldn't mess with setCPU profiles and such. The phone should do pretty much as good as it gets when it comes to ondemand processor cycling without profiles. What could cause an issue is a rogue app causing the cpu to sit in what you THINK is idle, and its really using up a high amount of cpu usage. That would certainly be a problem and kill your battery more than just setting the maximum mhz to 300.

On the other hand, undervolting is a definitive method of increasing battery life all across the board without the need of cpu profiling. That would help tremendously and I really hope (or rather can't wait) for an overclock/undervolt method to be established for 2.2.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i have some pretty basic profiles with setcpu (screen off to 300/300, less than 30% to 800/300) and my battery lasts a long time.

for example, i took my phone off my charger at around 11am monday, and by 3am wednesday i had 60% of my battery still remaining.

i'm guessing a rogue app as well, you shouldn't need to manage your phone much to get good battery life. it also depends on what you're doing with your phone though.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm really happy here with my first day and use of SetCpu. Usually by the end of my work day I'm down to a quarter of battery life. Now I'm coming home with 60 percent juice left (playing 20mns of Angry Bird to boot). Android phones rock!! And.........no task managers installed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress