Best way to go from 2.2 Leak to 2.2 Official?

tlane01

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have been running the 2.2 leak that came out around August 20th and its been running pretty well. It has a few bugs etc but thats to be expected. I was waiting for 2.2 official to come out before i re-flash and upgrade to the official version. I have been hearing alot of mixed reviews of the 2.2 official.

Is the best way to go to 2.2 official, reflash to the 2.1 sbf up and just get the OTA or use the 2.2 SBF that is floating around? Any tips or tricks to make the process as smooth as possible?

D2TSHR1439

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
They can reinstall 2.1 if something is wrong with your phone. They will tell you to OTA the 2.2 . They will not flash it to 2.2 right now.

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
IMO opinion, the best way to update the OS on ANY smartphone is to flash (wipe) and perform a fresh install. I did this will all my Blackberries and it made the world of difference. It just makes sense to reformat the phone rather than installing over your current set up.
YES - it is time consuming but you will get fresh installs of your OS, favorite apps, etc, on a clean drive. No conflicts, etc.
I was running 2.2 leaked. I flashed back to 2.1 using RSD lite, recovered my contacts with Google Sync, upgraded to 2.2 Official and reinstalled my favorite apps. The phone runs great with no problems.
IMO, the problems people are having with 2.2 official stem from installing over 2.1 with various settings and apps with all their updates / patches installed.

techjpo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
So if I wanted to get back to 2.1 then up to official 2.2: I can go to my Verizon store, tell them the phone is acting up and they will bring me back to 2.1. I can then do a factory reset. and then finally, I can do the "about phone"-"system update" OTA pull? Is that right?

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't recommend telling the store you loaded a leaked OS into your phone. I don't understand what you mean by "factory reset". Flashing will return your phone to the state it was in when you first fired it up out of the box.
If you are adept at loading leaked OS's into your Droid, you will have no problem flashing the phone back to 2.1 stock yourself.
Do a little research about a program called "RSD Lite" by Motorola. Plenty of websites will walk you through the flash process step by step. It is not hard at all. I believe this website may even have a link or two.
Once you flash your phone and get it back online with Verizon, just download 2.2 official from the settings menu OTA.
I've done it on 3 phones now. The longest part is waiting for the computer to reformat and push 2.1 stock back into your phone.

gizzyman

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I had the leaked 2.2 on my phone, it was pretty simple, flash back to 2.1, then as soon as I was done, checked for the update to the official 2.2 and it was there. painless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress