Blackbarmodz question.

upgradde

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so bare with me.... I've tried to read EVERYTHING. But, I feel as if I've read conflicting things. All I want to do is the blackbar mod. I have the bootstrapper, rom manager, made my recovery, and have root access. I've read to deodex. I've read there is no need to deodex. I have a deodexed 2.2 ota from a post in here.

Can I just simply apply this mod with the rom manager without having to deodex? Is it that simple? Thanks in advance

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Easy way to find out. Try it! You got a backup. Applying a theme will not screw your phone up. It may have the theme not fully take and look weird. I was running that mod but was using a rom that was deodex.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reactions: upgradde

upgradde

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. I think I'm going to take the plunge. I did read if it is looking crazy, you can deodex after the fact. I tried awhile back and screwed it up. But it was all my fault. It was before the official 2.2, and you had to have the leaked 2.2. Oops. Nevertheless, I for a little discouraged. I guess I'll give it another go. Thanks for you response!

upgradde

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Well, when I download the blackbarmodz and it reboots...nothing. I was reading another post (i need help) and it sounded more or less like my problem. I too used z4root, but got it from the xda website. everything has permissions. im stuck

upgradde

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Will do. I had a post pulled up on how to manually do it. I'm totally not familiar with doing it. If I deodex and then decide to do nothing, ie custom rom or whatever, can I just leave it? I have terminal emulator downloaded. I think that's all I need. Hell, I gots some reading to do! Lol. Thanks for your help. People like you are very very helpful to us trying to learn this.

upgradde

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Is it a problem that I'm running the ota 2.2? I was looking into a rom that includes the black bar. I can't find screenshots and what not for some. I don't want to blindly install it. It would be my luck I can get those to load but end up hating it. Lol. Oh, woe is me...