Exchange sync and custom ROMs

TheDroidLurker

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Did a search and found nothing that helped....I wasn't sure if this needs to be in the custom ROM section. Mods feel free to move it but since it deals with exchange calendar sync and the way it behaves on custom ROMs I thought I would try here first.

I have a Droid X and when I initially set it up I was able to sync it to my exchange account email, contacts, and all three exchange calendars. I was then able to choose which exchange calendars (all on the same account) I wanted to sync. However, ever since switching to the Fission ROM (2.6.1 BE) I have found that only ONE calendar will show up for sync. The other two work calendars do not appear and the tasks/appointments from them do not sync. I also experienced this issue with Liberty 1.0.

I am sure that this is a direct result of using a custom ROM (when i flashed back to stock the calendars worked fine) but I was wondering if anyone is aware of what it is in the VZW stock ROM that allows for multiple calendars in the exchange account that is not making it over to the stripped down custom ROMs. I have found no settings within my email account (both at my work computer and on my DX) that remedy this problem.

I could probably live without it because I still have the option of logging into my webmail portal in order to view them, but it is slow and clunky. If anyone knows of a solution to this I would be extremely grateful. I don't want to have to go back to that slow, bloated, stock ROM.

TheDroidLurker

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. Already did that in both liberty and fission.

In the non-oem roms the other calendars for my corp exchange account never show up in the sync list. Can't even select them to get them to sync because they are not being made available. Not even when I first set up the account. But when I restore back to the Stock Rom it instantly appears. :confused:

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I know that Exchange sync is totally different between AOSP and blur....
I personally think it works better...but i'm not using multiple calendars on exchange, just in gmail.

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I am using Touchdown (I have the Pro version) and am able to sync to multiple calendars. Perhaps your issue was tied to the demo. Another idea is to contact the devs for touchdown. I had a minor issue that they were able to roll into the next release and did so quickly. Even got an extended trial to make sure the fix did every thing I needed.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
So this Exchange talk has me trying this out with my Districts email. I'm told that Verizon charges you extra for exchange syncing, any truth to that?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
So this Exchange talk has me trying this out with my Districts email. I'm told that Verizon charges you extra for exchange syncing, any truth to that?

they offer an exchange solution for business I believe but if your company has it's own exchange server with OWA you should be able to hook right up to it. that is assuming that it's setup that way.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
they offer an exchange solution for business I believe but if your company has it's own exchange server with OWA you should be able to hook right up to it. that is assuming that it's setup that way.
Thanks for the info. I got a hold of the admins here at the school district and its in the works! (So behind)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa