Rom or wait?

cadis12

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
So I finally rooted my X a couple weeks ago and have been running ApeX. Coming from stock I am loving it! No reboots and amazing battery life.
Then the leaks came out for GB.
My wife also has an X. I would love to get that phone off the stock software. So my question is should I wait until official GB comes out or flash a custom rom now. It's going to be a while before custom stable GB roms are available. Are those of you running the leaked GB more pleased with it then the froyo custom roms that are currently available? Should I just save the rooting headaches and have her wait for official GB to come out?

I dunno what to do. Errr

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
So I finally rooted my X a couple weeks ago and have been running ApeX. Coming from stock I am loving it! No reboots and amazing battery life.
Then the leaks came out for GB.
My wife also has an X. I would love to get that phone off the stock software. So my question is should I wait until official GB comes out or flash a custom rom now. It's going to be a while before custom stable GB roms are available. Are those of you running the leaked GB more pleased with it then the froyo custom roms that are currently available? Should I just save the rooting headaches and have her wait for official GB to come out?

I dunno what to do. Errr

The biggest setback to running this leak is that if you ever want to go back or install another ROM like Liberty or rubiX, you'll have to SBF to get back to Froyo. SBFing is a fairly involved process that can have more serious effects than rooting. If you're not comfortable with the SBF process, I'd steer clear of the GB leak.

You could always try another Froyo ROM on her phone and compare it with your Apex. Liberty is vastly popular and for good reason. I really like it. rubiX also has it's fans. Some really like the option of a custom ROM that retains alot of MotoBlur's features which is what rubiX Blurry does. rubiX Focused is the de-Blurred version of rubiX.

droidxixis

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I would say just stay on Froyo with ROMs. Like .46caliber said, if you decide you want to go back, it is a lot more involved than just rooting or flashing a different ROM. I personally gave the GB leak (rooted/deodexed) a go, and it wasn't quite right for me. A little too buggy still. Nothing big, but enough that I noticed some things. I'll wait for the official. Battery life was worse for me on GB also. Just my two cents! :)

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I would say just stay on Froyo with ROMs. Like .46caliber said, if you decide you want to go back, it is a lot more involved than just rooting. I personally gave the GB leak (rooted/deodexed) a go, and it wasn't quite right for me. A little too buggy still. Nothing big, but enough that I noticed some things. I'll wait for the official. Battery life was worse for me on GB also. Just my two cents! :)

I had about the same experience when I tried the GB leak. Too buggy and the deodex patch caused a soft brick. I'll wait for a Liberty GB build.

I like the sig too. Abuser/Addict is a damn good way to describe it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlotte Rise FC