Got 3.2.4 pushed to my Xoom

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Just got it a few minutes ago, stock Xoom. Seems pretty quick, my Thumb Keyboard no longer lags and the browsers seem faster too. I use Dolphin HD and Opera! Nice update, Happy Bday to me! Lol

Last edited:

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Well, that doesn't seem like much. All I can say is my lag in the areas above are gone, I also saw some using YouTube and that seems faster too. I'm happy, better than nothing.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine was waiting when I woke up...installed quickly.

I've been told that they "cleaned up" a lot of things OS wide, and fixed a lot of bugs. Mine has always been stable, but lags on occasion. Hopefully it's eliminated some of that.

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm betting the forced reboot is whats making it seem faster. Glad to see they're finally getting pay as you go plans, anyone hear when verizon is going to start offering these now that the device supports it?

slwerner

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Glad to see they're finally getting pay as you go plans, anyone hear when verizon is going to start offering these now that the device supports it?

In this case, the sooner, the better!

ZDNet's James Kendrick made a compelling argument yesterday that one of the big reasons for consumers choosing to go with the iPad 2 is specifically the pay-for-use data (non-)plan.Android tablets: Death by data plan | ZDNet

He missed the biggest reason for the success of the iPad - the "Sheeple Effect" - but his analysis of the onus of a contract data plan certainly rings true.

I'd gladly switch to pay-for-use data (assuming I could before my current contract ends. It's obvious enough that $10/Gbyte is already better than the $35/3 Gbyte plan I have now, even if only by $5 since I typically use more than 2 Gbyte/mo.

And for those who will be using even less wireless data, the pay-for-use model is even more compelling as it allows for the ability to have 4G when needed without paying for it if one doesn't actually use it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo