04-07-2011 06:19 PM
56 123
tools
    Video Game Skyforce isn't working. I emailed developer and they said they will work on it.
    02-26-2011 11:14 PM
    Soundhound, either the free or paid version, don't work.
    02-27-2011 12:34 PM
    Seesmic Android. Can't even get to the login screen.
    02-27-2011 05:48 PM
    I've gotten rock player to work, but honeycomb is extremely sensitive to containers and codecs. I had to re-encode movies in freemake as mp4 with mpeg codec before rockplayer would play them.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    02-27-2011 07:38 PM
    Amazon Kindle app is choppy. When swiping to the next page it freezes and lags a lot.
    02-27-2011 08:53 PM
    Attached picture shows what happens on Words with Friends...hope I'm not the only one with the problem
    02-28-2011 12:18 PM
    yep, same thing on my xoom. hope it is fixed soon.
    02-28-2011 01:02 PM
    Attached picture shows what happens on Words with Friends...hope I'm not the only one with the problem
    Same problem here. I bought DroidWords to use on my Xoom and it actually works fairly well. The only problem is that the window that pops up to let you pick how to use a blank square isn't wide enough to see all of the keys. My wife and I have played several games locally on DroidWords with no problems otherwise - haven't tried online play at all as I plan to use Words With Friends for that once it gets Xoom support.

I saw a screenshot somewhere of Words with Friends In landscape on a Xoom, but it appears locked to portrait orientation for me with the problem you showed in your post.
    02-28-2011 03:21 PM
    yep, same thing on my xoom. hope it is fixed soon.
    Don't count on it being fixed soon. I emailed them about it and they told me to reboot my device and if that doesn't work to uninstall and reinstall. Obviously that didn't work.

03-01-2011 07:08 AM
    Don't count on it being fixed soon. I emailed them about it and they told me to reboot my device and if that doesn't work to uninstall and reinstall. Obviously that didn't work.

There is a post floating around with a response from Zynga saying they are working on the bug that is preventing it from working correctly on tablets.
    03-01-2011 07:31 AM
    Layar displays the horizon sideways. This may be relates to the issue someone reported with the compass where north becomes west.
    03-01-2011 12:18 PM
    I continue to get Force Close messages on the launcher every 10 minutes or so. I am guessing it is a process I have as a widget that is causing this? Very frustrating.

Beautiful Widgets?
    Engadget?
    CNN?

Anyone getting FC messages on the launcher and running those as well?
    twainharte likes this.
    03-01-2011 01:01 PM
    The Facebook Widget immediately force closes if you try to drag it onto any screen, but the main Facebook app works just fine.

I've had problems in Settings > Accounts & Sync trying to add Facebook to the list of managed accounts. I can select it from the "Add account" list, but it will not get added to the list of my synced accounts.

I've had some significant problems with the stock browser, namely that when I have many tabs open and use the Recent Apps button to toggle between apps, the browser will close and I lose all tabs.

Not actually unstable, but there are some quirks in the Honeycomb Android Market. I've reported the first two issues to Google, and have heard back from them that they are forwarding the first issue on to their Android Market Team:

1. The user's place in a long list of apps is not retained while toggling between the app list and app details. Example: Search on "Handmark" and the response indicates there are 134 matching results. Scroll down a couple dozen rows and touch any app to view the details. Now touch BACK to return to the list. Instead of seeing the same app you just touched, you are taken to row 1 and have to scroll down the list again to find the spot where you left off. (Not very convenient when you are browsing and comparing results!)

2. The Market Home page includes a link for "Android Apps for Tablets >" and below it displays 6 apps. If you click the link, the screen updates and you see 16 apps, but the header remains a link "Android Apps for Tablets >", but serves no additional purpose - it doesn't take you anywhere. Now search on "Tablet". It reports 1325 results were found. However, it only displays 19 apps and there's no way to scroll or see additional results - just these 19. So while using a tablet it's not easy to find tablet apps in the Marketplace app. (For comparison, the web marketplace reports 1399 results for a search on "tablet".)

3. In the Android Market on a phone you can rate a user's comment or report it as spam. I can't find equivalent functionality in the Honeycomb Market.

So my biggest problems really are not being able to add a Facebook widget and the Browser closing and losing my open tabs...
    03-02-2011 09:48 PM
    Kobo books doesn't format books well and doesn't open others.
    03-02-2011 09:53 PM
    This is fixed with the latest update. Works fine on my Xoom.
    03-03-2011 05:20 PM
    I'm constantly having to FC Astrid. What is really interesting though is when I click on "Report" and then "Preview" the data to be sent it lists the device name as "stingray". That was Motorola's original name for the XOOM, correct? How does that name appear in the report? Is that "coded" somewhere in the tablet? Or, is that name coming from the Astrid app? Just curious.
    03-03-2011 10:02 PM
    3. In the Android Market on a phone you can rate a user's comment or report it as spam. I can't find equivalent functionality in the Honeycomb Market.

So my biggest problems really are not being able to add a Facebook widget and the Browser closing and losing my open tabs...
    There's no way to rate from the Honrycomb Market app, sadly confirmed by Google support. Pretty brain dead in many ways. They invited me to do so on the browser...

I almost never use the Facebook app, used debug to get the Browser version to show the standard layout instead. Quite a few quirks, but better imho. Why Facebook of all companies couldn't be bothered not to make their widget crash horribly is a bit beyond me.
    03-03-2011 10:32 PM
    Rockplayer works fine for me although occasionally it will freeze while playin an .avi. A great app that works is LiveProfile! It wont let you download from the market but if you have your phone rooted you can dl it to your phone and then go to/data and pull the .apk out. Thats what I did then uploaded it to my dropbox and it works great, free SMS/MMS to any other liveprofile member on Android, Blackberry and iOS.
    03-03-2011 11:58 PM
    MiniSquadron - Vertical bars on the screen, then the app kicks you back to the home screen. No force close message.

Abduction 2 - Objects on the screen are not placed correctly and the buttons in the app don't work (example: when you beat a level you can see the "continue" button but nothing happens when you press it.)
    03-04-2011 10:34 AM
    Lets Create! Pottery - this does work on the Xoom but you have to be patient -

- you can't start the app if you're in landscape, just immediately crashes (once you have the app started, turning your xoom has no effect and won't make it crash.

- when you start if it hangs on the initial splashscreen from the developer - hit home then restart the app and it will start.

- when you're finished creating your pot, the screen will freeze showing your pot shaking back and forth - press home, restart the app, and your pot will be ready to go filed under "My Creations" from there you can sell it or share it or whatever.

-- also just noticed that sharing doesn't work. I tried facebook and email and both did nothing. didn't try the developers website share thingy because I didn't want to go through the hassle of creating an account.

Hopefully they'll get this fixed because when its working, it really looks great on the Xoom.
    03-07-2011 03:16 PM
    nook app - so much for getting rid of the actual nook
    03-08-2011 11:29 AM
    nook app - so much for getting rid of the actual nook
    What issues are you having with the nook app?

Other than the main menu only working in portrait mode, I have no issues. Books work in both landscape and portrait and I haven't had any crashes....
    03-08-2011 01:47 PM
    Nook app works fine here.
    03-08-2011 03:02 PM
    Facebook app still randomly crashes on me.
    Uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.
    03-09-2011 09:02 PM
    Bump, updated original post with additional apps.
    03-23-2011 07:40 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD