Movie Studio so sloooow...

zimram

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone gotten the hang of video editing with Movie Studio?

I shot 24 seconds of video using the 5mp camera on my XOOM. I brought the footage into Movie Studio and OMG! How slow can you go? It took about 10 seconds for the thumnail pics to load in the timeline. Then I made the mistake of using the zoom wheel which resulted in waiting another ten seconds for the thumbnails to load again. Even playback of video laggs.

I work editing commercials for a television network. Video editing on a tablet; that is a very cool concept. The Movie Studio software in my opinion is in dire need of an update. I am not trying to compare this with Avid, Final Cut or Premiere. I realize it is more of a toy. But basic functionality not working well? C'Mon!

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I just gave it a try making a 3 min 720p movie. It was mostly smooth for me. Playback in the app was jerky, but when exported it was ok.

Options are ok. I added transitions (those take time to render, about 10 sec when you add them), text, music, and pics to my video.

The 3 min movie took 5 min to export using the highest quality settings.

I do hope they keep updating this app.

EDIT: Do you know if it can slit videos? I cannot seem to be able to do it.

SHWELL

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I played with it today.. I need a lot more time with it. After exporting, I have not been able to find the vids I edited.. I would like to upload them to Youtube.

More function in the future would be highly appreciated on my end.

frenzy757

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
honestly, this is very disappointing to me...maybe I can't figure out how to do things, but this just seems like a such a half assed product...not even close to iMovie.

Not a deal breaker on the tablet for me, but this is a crap app IMO.

I figured out how to splice different video clips, but why can't I do the same for the audio to have different songs in the video? It should be easier to pick up and drop clips in different places.

This is mainly just software to put a clip to one song...nothing more.

Needs a lot to even be in the same breadth as iMovie...I love my Xoom, but this is another example of a half assed feature in Honeycomb...they should have just waited and put out a really good movie editor that can actually compete with iMovie.

zimram

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I completely agree with you Frenzy. I guess they could concieveably put together an update that might give iMovie a run for the money. Who knows??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non