Webmail blocked from xoom?

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I access work email through a webmail server that is run by lotus notes. It won't let me log on from the Zoom. I have no problem from my laptop using Firefox or MS Explorer. Is there a fix for this? Can I make my zoom look like a laptop to that server?

Any hints appreciated! If I can access webmail I'll be able to ditch the notebook completely. Loving my zoom.

anon(20681)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I access work email through a webmail server that is run by lotus notes. It won't let me log on from the Zoom. I have no problem from my laptop using Firefox or MS Explorer. Is there a fix for this? Can I make my zoom look like a laptop to that server?

Any hints appreciated! If I can access webmail I'll be able to ditch the notebook completely. Loving my zoom.

If you cannot fix your issue there is a software from a company called Commontime that handles Lotus Notes on my Xoom without issue. Unfortunately it is not free.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Motorola Xoom can't access Webmail

I'm getting the same error

HTTP web server. Invalid post request exception

while trying to access my email using a web mail server that accesses email through Lotus notes... I can access my web mail using my Droid phone, but not using my Motorola Xoom... has anyone found a fix without having to purchase from Commontime?? Thanks!!

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
U should try firefox mobile or opera mobile to see if its a browser specific issue/block.

Also, is your xoom on the same network as the laptop you tested?

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Lotus Notes can be much more finicky when it comes to web access than Exchange is. Have you set the user agent to desktop to see if that helps? It's the same "fix" to browse desktop versions of sites versus mobile. Taking a guess, the error could be due to Lotus Notes seeing an invalid user agent. I've seen LN be very tricky when it comes to compatibility with different browsers. If you're not sure what I mean, do the following:

In your browser address bar, type about:debug and hit enter.
In the debugging section of the browser settings, change the user agent to "Desktop"

Then go back and try again. Keep in mind that if your browser app crashes at any point or if you restart your Xoom, you'll need to do the first step again to get the user agent change to take effect again.

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Spoke to support at Motorola and they said it might be because the Xoom doesn't support flash yet... they started releasing it as an update on Friday. Everyone will get it at some point, and they think this will fix the issue.

Has anyone with this problem received the Adobe Flash update and still having the problem??

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Lotus Notes can be much more finicky when it comes to web access than Exchange is. Have you set the user agent to desktop to see if that helps? It's the same "fix" to browse desktop versions of sites versus mobile. Taking a guess, the error could be due to Lotus Notes seeing an invalid user agent. I've seen LN be very tricky when it comes to compatibility with different browsers. If you're not sure what I mean, do the following:

In your browser address bar, type about:debug and hit enter.
In the debugging section of the browser settings, change the user agent to "Desktop"

Then go back and try again. Keep in mind that if your browser app crashes at any point or if you restart your Xoom, you'll need to do the first step again to get the user agent change to take effect again.
I tried this and get nothing when I enter it... I'm trying on a Xoom in the browser that came installed... can you offer any additional help?? Thanks!!!

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I tried this and get nothing when I enter it... I'm trying on a Xoom in the browser that came installed... can you offer any additional help?? Thanks!!!

If after you typed it in you got nothing, then you're doing it right. Take a look at the steps in the article linked below. But ignore step #7. I found that if you do step #7, the desktop browsing doesn't work all the time.

How to make Android's Honeycomb browser load desktop -- not mobile -- Web sites - Computerworld Blogs

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok I did the debug procedure to load desktop style. I also turned off popup blocking. Get a new error:

Error 400
Proxy error: SSL handshake with upstream server failed. URL.... reason "unknown error"

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Ok I did the debug procedure to load desktop style. I also turned off popup blocking. Get a new error:

Error 400
Proxy error: SSL handshake with upstream server failed. URL.... reason "unknown error"

Hmmm. Wish I could help more but I don't have any current ties to Lotus Notes. However, you may want to try another browser as others have pointed out. For example, Dolphin HD or Firefox Beta.

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Tanks for trying to help, Ock. I've now confirmed the same error with dolphin and Firefox beta. I use Firefox on my desktop with no problem. Desktop mode doesn't help. Waiting for flash is my last hope. If that doesn't work I'll have to return the zoom and get a crummy netbook with windows. :(

Does anyone know if the ipad can access lotus notes webmail?

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Tanks for trying to help, Ock. I've now confirmed the same error with dolphin and Firefox beta. I use Firefox on my desktop with no problem. Desktop mode doesn't help. Waiting for flash is my last hope. If that doesn't work I'll have to return the zoom and get a crummy netbook with windows. :(

Does anyone know if the ipad can access lotus notes webmail?

Another thing you could try is setting up remote access to a computer of yours at home. LogMeIn should be releasing their Honeycomb optimized version any day now. Then you'd be able to have all the benefits of the Xoom plus have remote access to a full computer for needs such as your webmail.

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I also tried Dolphin and Firefox and got the same error as I received previouisly - Invalid Post Request Exception. I was told that if when you receive the update for flash player if it doesn't work then, it will never work. Makes me crazy that I can access the email using my droid phone, but not my xoom... different operating systems... what were they thinking when they didn't address this...

As for the iPad, I hear they have a free app "Lotus Notes Travelers"... don't know if it actually works -- has anyone heard anything else about accessing on the iPad... because I too will return my xoom and unfortunately pay the restocking fee, don't need any more toys.

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Returned my Xoom because webmail will never work... just wanted to let everyone know that I was able to my lotus notes email on the iPad and the iPad2 and even the Samsung unit, oh and my droid phone as well(the first version)... it's really sad that Motorola didn't addres this issue especially since many in the business world would like to use it for work, not just play. Goodbye Xoom, hello iPad2!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress