Got the xoom wifi from staples today 3/25

TheSiege

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to find the youtube app that makes it 3D
I downloaded the one from market place but its the same setup as my fascinate

When I plug the xoom into my TV it seems like the image quality is lower, but I havent play any videos yet. And the overscan is off the image is cut off on the TV...

lobobuzz

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the magical world of Xoom ownership... you're going to love it. I don't think the Xoom has 3D capability... could be wrong. Have fun!!

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Ha. sorry, not 3d. but the panoramic youtube app
I think I know what's happening... this happened to me with Google Books when I first got the Xoom. I have the Droid and registered my Xoom with the same google account, and when it pulled all of my installed apps from the cloud and installed them on the Xoom, it replaced Google Books with the nifty panorama bookshelf with the stock phone version.

Try this to see if you can get the Xoom version back: Go to My Apps in the Market, find You Tube and choose "uninstall updates"

Try to open YouTube to see if you have the panorama/cover flow back.

If not, try to reset the Market cache and download YouTube again:

- Go to Settings > Apps > All, find Market and choose Clear Cache
- Open Market again, sign in with your Google account, and go to My Apps and look for YouTube. If it shows "Update", go for it and again test it.

I think for my issue with Google Books, I only had to go so far as uninstalling the updates, so hopefully that works for you.

Good luck...

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Great. Curious which one, though. Just "uninstall updates" or did you have to clear the Market cache?

anon(167668)

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
The uninstall option. Is there a way to stop the apps from automatically being placed on the desktop when downloaded?

Yeah you can, thank god. Go to My Apps in the Market, and if you tap the menu button in the upper right corner there's a checkbox for "Add shortcuts for new apps".

Reactions: pwscott