Bought a xoom

taguluchi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Just bought a xoom It's not my first Android device as I have an evo haven't had a chance to sit down and mess with it for a couple of hours any cool tablet apps any of you recommend?

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Congrats, and welcome to the Xoom community! You will love it! I agree with Xier, it depends on what you want to do with it. For games, Angry Birds looks great on the larger screen!! :) I can tell you that PaperToss does not work though, very messed up on the screen. Beautiful Widgets has an awesome animated weather app that I use. I also like the Kindle app on the Xoom -- nice large pages! :)

eds817

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm new here and looking at tablets. I tried to get some hands on today with the BB Playbook but didn't have much success.

I've heard a good deal of negative things about the Xoom. Have they worked out the problems since the release? I read that the OS is unstable. Fixed?

TIA

josh22

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm new here and looking at tablets. I tried to get some hands on today with the BB Playbook but didn't have much success.

I've heard a good deal of negative things about the Xoom. Have they worked out the problems since the release? I read that the OS is unstable. Fixed?

TIA

Don't listen too all the bad about the xoom....most if not all is sooo blown out of propotion and bias just go mess with one yourself and you judge on how good it is.....if ya like it buy it..lol....but I gotta say I have owned my xoom for a few days...the wifi version...I got at best buy....and I haven't had a problem with it at all....except that I can't put it down...lol....the honeycomb OS is brand spankin new so of course there will be some bugs but from my experience none that make the xoom not work....I think it is very stable.....hope too see you back soon with a xoom my friend.....best of luck in your decition...:)

ravizzle

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I choose xoom and sold my ipad one because I hate itunes, and u can actually download pdfs, books, and mp3s straight from the tablet

Reactions: Chrisy

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Today I took back my ipad 2 that I bought on launch day. Thank god for the reward zone silver 45 day return policy I left the store with a brand new Xoom and couldn't be happier.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Thats great. People returning there iPad 2s for Xooms. Just another sign of Apple thinking there the S--T lol. Good job!

Beautiful Widgets is a MUST. I have it on the Atrix and the Xoom. As well as all the other Android phones I had.
You will love the GMail app if you have a Gmail account. Plus I love there preview Widget. Same for the Normal Email app.
GAME.....TANK HERO. AWESOME on the Tab! Angry Birds to! :)

Theres also an app I purchesd called Business Calendar. Its a really good calendar app that actually shows your text of your days description, on the calendar and the widget. When you click the day, a pop up slided up and shows your schedule. Makes it look very professional. Right now its not working for the Xoom cause the developer hasnt updated the App yet in the Market. But he did send me a link to try his updated version for the Xoom out. And it works wonders. Im sure he will update it soon. But its a bit pricey, you can try the beta free version first.

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the Xoom community! I may be weird but I love being to do the little things on my Xoom like Widgets, live wallpaper and weather. I don't know if this is new or what(this my first android device) but rain was indicated in my area and when I turned on my Xoom a windshield wiper wiped the "raindrops" off my screen!
Try that on an iOS device!!! Oh wait Steve says you do want that!
recommened apps :
Kindle
Amazon appetite and mp3/cloud player
Beautiful widgets
angrys birds(all of them)
jungle jewels
bubble blast (all)
I use my browser for android central, twitter and facebook

Major

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
As far as Xoom vs iPad, I use an Atrix phone and a wi-fi Xoom tablet, and my wife uses an iPhone and a 3G iPad. The iPad is admittedly more refined than the Xoom, and no one can compete with the Apple App Store on sheer number of apps. Also, my wife much prefers the simplicity of iOS. That said, I find Android for intuitive more my more analytical mind. I get frustrated with the lack of options on iOS. When I want to fix or change something, I find that it's much easier to do on an Android device than on an iOS device.

jnewell

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Which tab is the best for internet browsing? That's all I'd use one for.

Xoom/Android has Flash...tests vs. iPad 1 (haven't seen #s for the iPad 2) show the Xoom is much faster loading web pages...Xoom/Android has Flash...and also has Flash, if I didn't mention that... ;)

Reactions: Chrisy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty