Photographer-Motorcyclist-Google Fan

royphotog

Jun 22, 2021
Visit site
Hello all, I am a professional studio photographer, have been for 37 years. This is the first time I have described myself as a Google fan, but when I look at it I am. Just bought a Pixel 3, and an Acer Chromebook, and use Google services almost exclusively so I am a fan. I came to this forum after getting the Pixel and think I can learn a log from it. I am married, with three grown sons and now that I think about it, they all have Android phones. I came from a Blackberry KeyOne, that runs Android, but that phone doesn't run anymore, that's why the Pixel. I looked at the Pixel because I had heard they were the purest Android phone, without bloatware. The Chromebook is my first laptop in several years. I use mostly desktops in my work but wanted something I could travel with that would not cost me an arm and a leg.

I have found that I don't do much heavy lifting when it comes to photos when I am traveling, I just want to view the photos I have taken, do some minor adjustments if any at all, and work on them when I get back home. Most all my other computer work takes place in the cloud, so the Acer Chromebook spin 713 seemed the best choice for me.

I look forward to checking out the forum and learning from it and hopefully contributing.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad to have you here! I'm also a Pixel and Chromebook guy -- I do about 99% of my computing on my Pixelbook or Pixel Slate, and reluctantly use my Windows 10 desktop only if I absolutely have to. The Acer Spin 713 is a great Chromebook!

We have a lot of photography threads in this forum -- check out this one: https://forums.androidcentral.com/g...l-share-your-photo-s-here-59.html#post6955111. Would love to see some of your work!

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi and welcome. I am also a Pixel and Chrome book fan. I have the 4a 5G which I love. I also have a Pixelbook that ended up costing me £300 on offer and with a trade in. I love using it.

The Pixel does take wonderful photos for a smartphone. Would be interesting to have your take on it being a professional photographer.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Like you, I came to Android from BlackBerry (a Q10, though), and am also entrenched in Google products. I love my Chromebook! I can see why you find it convenient to use!

Enjoy yourself around the forums! We have lots of photo threads around these parts - feel free to check 'em out!

royphotog

Jun 22, 2021
Visit site
thanks for all the welcomes, I'm going to check out some of those photo threads. I am interested to see what I can do with different photo apps. I too need to use Windows because of Photoshop and Lightroom. I tried Linux Mint for a time but found I needed several programs that I have come to rely on in my work, Like photoshop and Lightroom and I could never find any green screen program in Linux. Now I have begun using a desktop publishing program called Affinity Publisher that of course, only is mac and windows. But for what I do with a laptop, the chrome book is great.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
thanks for all the welcomes, I'm going to check out some of those photo threads. I am interested to see what I can do with different photo apps. I too need to use Windows because of Photoshop and Lightroom. I tried Linux Mint for a time but found I needed several programs that I have come to rely on in my work, Like photoshop and Lightroom and I could never find any green screen program in Linux. Now I have begun using a desktop publishing program called Affinity Publisher that of course, only is mac and windows. But for what I do with a laptop, the chrome book is great.

There are quite a few users here who use photography apps and the like - feel free to ask around, too! Enjoy yourself around the forums!