Virgin mobile motorola triumph optimized

VirginMobileGuy

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello people,
Well first of all you have to have a Virgin Mobile Motorola Triumph in order to do this process that ama start showing you guys in a bit.

Step1. Download Gingerbrake from GOOGLE simply type in "GINGERBRAKE.APK" and download any of the files you see that are able to download this app.(THIS WILL NOT HARM YOUR PHONE)!!

STEP2. Now that you have "GINGERBRAKE" root your phone (IT WILL REBOOT ON SUCCESSION)

STEP3. Download "4SHARED" from the ANDRIOD MARKET

STEP4. Now that you have installed 4SHARED and created your account type in on the search box "SETCPU.APK"a list will show up get any of them they all work now press and hold to add to your account now simply press it and downloaded instal.

STEP5. Will need to instal CWR ClockWorksRecovery go to this link:
forums.androidcentral.com/motorola-triumph-virgin-mobile/107848-how-flash-clockwork-recovery-motorola-triumph.html

-Note- You'll need to Sign Up for this Forum just a few clicks away no biggie right?By Signing Up you'll be allowed to Download the file need to begin the CWR and FUTURE DOWNLOADS WHO WILL BE NEEDED!.

STEP6. NOW that you have done what the link specificly told you what to do you should have gotten your CWR installed on your phone by simply pressing "VOLUME UP DOWN WITH THE POWER BUTTON ALL TOGETHER"

-NOTE- Now we will need to instal "UMPH KERNAL" on to your phone using Clock works Recovery (CWR) which is by far better than that of the Stock Motorola Kernal!

-2ND NOTE- You guys Know the Motorola Triumph runs on a 1ghz snapdragon processor by instaling the UMPH KERNAL your phone will be at 1.9 ghz HERES HOW: Download Umph kernal here's a link to it: www.mediafire.com/?28ula4093x527so

STEP7. After downloading the Umph Kernal download "ANDRO ZIP"from the ANDRIOD MARKET now simply make a new folder name it "UMPH KERNAL" go to your Download folder look for the Umph kernal Zip. Grab and move to the folder who was just created "UMPH KERNAL" Now tap on the the Umph zip kernal and it extract the files to that specific folder it should say "EXTRACT FILE HERE"

Once done, LEAVE THE SD
CARD IN!
After this reboot your phone in ClockworkMod
Recovery.(VOLUME UP DOWN HOLD POWER-BUTTON ALL TOGETHER)
Once you are in the recovery, go to install Zip from SD
Card option.
LOOK for the FOLDER YOU PLACED IT IN "UMPH KERNAL" select the kernel zip file and flash / install.

After the installation is complete, reboot your device.

Apparently it?s better to keep your phone up to 1.4
GHz for a safe and smooth ride.NOW I FORGOT TO MENTION WHEN ON CLOCK WORKS RECOVERY "MENU KEY IS CONSIDERED BACK" AS VOLUME UP IS USED TO GO UP AS VOLUME DOWN IS USED TO GO DOWN THE POWER BUTTON IS USED AS A SELECT BUTTON"!

STEP 8. NOW that your new Kernal is in place simply go into SETCPU which should be installed by now and overclock it from 1 ghz to 1.5 which is at what I have it at because 1.9 kills the battery faster change "ON DEMAND" to "SCARY"simple press the back button BAM!! OVERCLOCKED:)

STEP9. Its time to change the PRL of the phone if you guys don't know what it is its Okay ill show you by using the PRL it will attache your phone to the nearest server in your area therefore giving you guys better signal and 3g:)

NOTE: You don't have to do it but if you want a boost in 3g in both the DOWNLOAD/UPLOAD area then you differently should do this.

STEP10. Instal "ANYCUT" from the Andriod Market once installed simply press on home windows till a windows pops up press on "SHORTCUT" now press on "ANYCUT" View throught files to tell you find and select
COM PORT MODE", After widget is applied tap on widget and choose diagnostic mode or "DIAG"and
there you GO:)

NOTE:this is going to be a long thread lol so sorry but its better for you and your phone

STEP11. How to obtain your MSL or "MASTER SECURITY LOCK" which most companies including VIRGIN MOBILE won't give to you here's how:Download and install aLogcat (free) from the
Android Market.
Run "ALOGCAT" and set it to "FILTER" by pressing the MENU type in "SEC_CODE " press home and
Go to your Phone and dial ##33284#
When prompted for the MSL, type 000000.
Now, go back to aLogcat. It should have found a
"sec_ code:" line with your MSL code at the end
of it. It's 6 digits. That's your MSL save it!
Hope that helps.

STEP12. Now where half way towards getting the PRL:Use the Motorola Triumph USB cable (the one that comes with the phone)- Others may work
but this cable was designed for use with the
phone, use it if possible.
Stock Phone Driver- Found on the phone when
connected via USB. This driver should be
installed before attempting any modifications.
QPST 2.7 Build 366- This is what I use, other
versions may work as well.
Sprint PRL 01120- This is the latest version of
the Sprint PRL and includes the most recently
added towers.But if found other PRL'S like 01115 01119 they work.Ok Just use the Sprint PRL.
MotoConnect- Not technically required but
makes the detection process easier due to
notification windows.

QPST 2.7 BUILD 366 LINK:www.mediafire.com/?jxc8pl5krq0o8gy

MOTOCONNECT: www.motorola.com/Support/US-EN/Support-Homepage/Software_and_Drivers/USB-and-PC-Charging-Drivers

01120 PRL: www.mediafire.com/?ycatvz405b8egyq

Mt Stock PRL 60680: www.mediafire.com/?792ao81qgjuwzcq

NOTE: Make sure to EXTRACT FILES!on your computer or with your phone using "ANDROZIP" which you should have installed by now

STEP13. The next step is to identify what COM ports
your particular computer uses to connect with
the Triumph. Open your device manager on
your computer -it can be in the control panel depending what computer u use-and expand the ?Ports? section.
Make sure your phone has USB debugging
enabled.

STEP14. As I told you before you had to extract QPST and the prl file to your computer in the same folder.

STEP15.Open Up the QPST Click the windows log at the bottom click on program right click QPST after clicking it there should be a list of programs to run click on "QPST CONFIGURATION"

1. Open QPST Configuration
2. Select the "Ports" tab
3. Click "Add New Port"
4. Uncheck "Show Serial and USB/QC Diagnostic
ports only"
5.Click on your device and hit OK
6. Highlight your phone on the "Ports" tab
7. Open up the "Start Clients" menu
8. Click on "Service Programming
9.QPST Service Programming will open up and a
"Phone Selection" window will appear: Click
your phone if needed, and press OK
10.Now select the "Roam" tab and click on "Read
from Phone" button
11. Enter your MSL, OK
12. Click on the "Browse" button and select the PRL
file you want on your phone
13. Click the "Write to Phone" button next to the
"read phone" button
14.Wait for it to finish writing there should be a line loading on top of the QPST BAR. You
might (read as most likely) get an error box,
click OK on it.
15.Once all that is done, you can reboot your
phone and enjoy the changed PRL:)
STEP16. Get root explorer from the Andriod market or type in "ROOT EXPLORER.APK" on googles Web and download it and instal it to your phone its and APP
STEP17. Ok now Copy this:
ro.product. rat=EvDo only

STEP18. Go into root explorer find "SYSTEM" a new page opens now press and hold on (BUILD.PROP) Tell is pulls up a list of things to do click on "OPEN IN TEXT EDITOR" now you'll see a page of black word on white paper

STEP19.PASTE what you earlier copies on to this paste it under "RO.PRODUCT just find the letters And past it at the end of the last RO.PRODUCT file just paste and reboot:)

NOTE:The next step is if you want full ANDRIOD MARKET access now all you need to is instal the BUILD PROP. file VIA Clock Works Recovery this is the build prop. From and HTC THUNDERBOLT which has the same CHIP SET as The Triumph but with full market access:)

STEP20. Go to your Andriod market look up order and chaos you won't be able to find it on the normal motorola triumph when you flash it to the thunderbolts Build.prop you will and many more other apps like
Crackle, Order and Chaos, Modern combat 2,
NOVA 2, Backstab etc. Basically it will show
everything a thunderbolt can see. I used that
phone as my basis because it is similar to ours
yet it has more support in the market for apps
such as the ones gameloft offers.
First instal the Thunderbolts zip from here: androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/405837-thunderprop-build-prop-market-access-updated-10-4-2011-a.html

NOTE2: You are going to have to sign up for this forum in order to get the zip required the zips name which your suppose to get is called: MTThunderprop.zip

STEP21. Now go into AndroZip which you should have installed on your phone I'f you haven't been following this forum you get it from the market now create a folder name it "Thunderbolt" now look for the thunder.zip file you just downloaded grab and move to the THUNDERBOLT FOLDER now press and extract

STEP22. Go to Manage Applications, click on
market and make sure to force stop first and
then clear data on your Andriod Market App

STEP23. Now turn off your phone

STEP23. PRESS AND HOLD VOLUME UP AND DOWN WHILE HOLDING THE POWER BUTTON ALL "TOGETHER"!

STEP24. Now you are on CWR now go to "INSTAL ZIP FROM SD CARD" and simply look for your folder where you placed the thunder.zip now instal or to your phone and your done reboot back :)

STEP25. Now that your Phones on go to"SETTINGS" " ABOUT PHONE " and you'll see your Triumph is no triumph its actually "THE HTC TRIUMPH THUNDER" lol check the oses its at 2.3.4 there you go guys Thank you and all the devs who help constuct this thanks for reading reading bye!..

Last edited:

anon(134792)

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else tested this? VirginMobileGuy, have you posted this to any of the Dev sites such as XDA or SDX? If you have, do you have links to those threads? No offense, but I would like to see if someone else has tested this scenario on their Triumph. Sorry, I'm not really the guinea pig type. I would like to see at least one other person that has tested this.

jeydaa

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
So I followed the directions thoroughly to 7. After I installed the kernel, I pressed reboot. My phone did not reboot. In fact, the screen freezes on the first screen with a big M. I've been resetting over and over, but it is not working. Oh my gosh...I think the kernel (or step 7) just killed my phone.