New to the forum, and need a new phone

brm17

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys Brandon here and I'm needing a new phone as I have upgrade available to me this Friday. I'll be upgrading from the Samsung Fascinate and needless to say i'm looking for something different. So i'm hoping you all can recommend to me which Verizon phones I should consider.

I'm not too worried about battery life and getting an extended battery is not a problem for me but i'm wondering should I go for a phone now, or wait a couple weeks and hope something new is released?

brm17

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I've pretty much ruled out the 4S (Not looking to get an iphone) and Droid 4 (no need for a keyboard). However i have been considering the Maxx or possibly the Rezound. Any suggestions between those two?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I've pretty much ruled out the 4S (Not looking to get an iphone) and Droid 4 (no need for a keyboard). However i have been considering the Maxx or possibly the Rezound. Any suggestions between those two?

I think the rezound is to old. You can scoop em for 250.00

brm17

May 8, 2012
Visit site
It is older but the specs still are very good. Is there a reason the Maxx stands above the Rezound (besides battery)? And the Maxx is 300 for upgrade at my local verizon store.

umpirerob

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much everyone that has a Rezound loves it. Good specs, great screen, so-so battery life.

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk 2.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
It is older but the specs still are very good. Is there a reason the Maxx stands above the Rezound (besides battery)? And the Maxx is 300 for upgrade at my local verizon store.

Honestly, I wouldn't upgrade to either unless you had a oldie....wait a few months for the next crop if you current device gets the job done. I think At&T and the iPhone5 are whats hot, with the one X and all. The GS3 sucks and so does verizon. I am so biased though.

brm17

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I am not the biggest fan of waiting but I may have to unfortunately. What Verizon phones are slated to come out within the next month or so? My Fascinate may hold up but it is slowly causing more problems.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I am not the biggest fan of waiting but I may have to unfortunately. What Verizon phones are slated to come out within the next month or so? My Fascinate may hold up but it is slowly causing more problems.

I have my fiances facsinate hacked and it runs very well. She is in good shape.