Want To Love Android But Am having Issues With My New Huaweai P20 Pro

amarx

May 25, 2018
Visit site
I recently bought and have been using the Huwawei P20 Pro. As a longtime iPhone user, I am actually enjoying the phone, especially the camera, very much. I also think the Android operating system has some advantages over IOS and understand why people love it. That being said, however, I have been having problems with several apps that either don't function or have stopped working altogether. For example, the NBA app was working fine for a few days, then started crashing upon opening. After uninstalling and re-installing, it still wouldn't work. I then did a factory reset and re-installed it. It worked fine for a few days, then mysteriously started crashing again. Everyone else I know with Android phones has no problem with the app. Another app, iWatermark+ will not run properly on the phone. It opens but then doesn't function as it should. Again, i un-installed it, then re-installed it and it still wouldn't work. Again, other people I know with Android phones have no problem with iWarermark or iWatermark+. This has now led me to the conclusion that there's something wrong with the phone and not the apps. Because of this, I don't really trust using the phone. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks very much.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. These may be bugs with the apps working with your phone's version of Android. I would take the one you need more, and email the developer letting them know what is happening. Tell them everything you said here, and perhaps give your phone model number and what version of Android you are running.

amarx

May 25, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that and see what happens. I'll keep you posted. And thanks for the welcome to the forums.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that and see what happens. I'll keep you posted. And thanks for the welcome to the forums.
Welcome to the forums! I searched the iWatermark app on the Play Store and there are several reviews reporting the same kind of problem after the latest update. Not sure why it's affecting only some devices though.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the Intros forum to the P20 Pro forum, for more specific traffic regarding your questions. Are all of those apps being installed from the Play Store, or from somewhere else?

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Some apps just work better on iOS bc the devs spend more time on them it seems. It will most likely get better over time but I would email the developer. Most devs probably don't use their app on most devices so they never see the bugs unless u notify them.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It could also be that some app you habitually install is interfering with the function of your other apps. This can be tedious to troubleshoot, though. If it were a basic system app or function that was malfunctioning, you could boot into Safe Mode to determine if it's a system problem or an app problem, since Safe Mode temporarily disables all apps you installed. However, in your situation, this won't help much, since the problem you're seeing is with apps you installed. In this situation, you might just have to uninstall apps one by one to see if the problem goes away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith