New from VA

Martin_F

Oct 16, 2018
Visit site
Hi everyone.
Life long (smart phone life anyways) iPhone user, finally switching over with the newest release of the Pixel.
Will be doing a lot of reading on here to pick up the little things about android.
Looking forward to my new online home.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi Martin, welcome to the AC Forums! Let us know how you like your Pixel! I wish I could order one, but until it makes its way to TMo's JOD!, I'm bound to watch from afar through (mostly) Samsung's latest-and-greatest...

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello Martin, welcome to the forums at Android Central!
Did you already ordered it?
Which one did you get and what made you switch?
Let us know how you like it and post unboxing pictures!

Sent From my Blue Note 9

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central and to the (green) world of Android!

The Pixel line is a great introduction to Google. A smooth OS, speedy updates, and an amazing camera will give you the introduction to what Android is all about; as well as giving you the cream of the crop of features.

Enjoy yourself around the forums! Also, did you buy the smaller Pixel 3 or the XL?

Martin_F

Oct 16, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!
I ordered the Just Black Pixel 3 with 64 GB.
After watching the first two Pixel events, I've been intrigued, but was under contract then, so switching wasn't really an option. My wife needed a new phone, since her iPhone 6 wouldn't hold a charge anymore. That was pretty much the time for me to look into our options. I was weighing all the pros and cons (iMessage and Apple Watch come to mind), but I also discovered other things I didn't know before. Unlimited Google Photos storage for example. That was big. Synced music libraries without paying for iTunes Match was another. Free google cloud tier being 15GB vs. the 5GB on iCloud. Well, you see where this is going. I'm a hobby photographer, so I can't wait to see what the Pixel can do compared to my dSLR.
My wife got the Pixel 2 a few month ago, because the old phone was not usable any more, and I ordered the Pixel upon release. It's supposed to be delivered today.
Can't wait to get my hands on it. I suspect the learning curve will be steep! I've played with her Pixel before but I expect it'll take me some time to get used to it.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!
I ordered the Just Black Pixel 3 with 64 GB.
After watching the first two Pixel events, I've been intrigued, but was under contract then, so switching wasn't really an option. My wife needed a new phone, since her iPhone 6 wouldn't hold a charge anymore. That was pretty much the time for me to look into our options. I was weighing all the pros and cons (iMessage and Apple Watch come to mind), but I also discovered other things I didn't know before. Unlimited Google Photos storage for example. That was big. Synced music libraries without paying for iTunes Match was another. Free google cloud tier being 15GB vs. the 5GB on iCloud. Well, you see where this is going. I'm a hobby photographer, so I can't wait to see what the Pixel can do compared to my dSLR.
My wife got the Pixel 2 a few month ago, because the old phone was not usable any more, and I ordered the Pixel upon release. It's supposed to be delivered today.
Can't wait to get my hands on it. I suspect the learning curve will be steep! I've played with her Pixel before but I expect it'll take me some time to get used to it.

Congratulations on your Pixel 3 XL (hopefully you have it by now!) and on your wife's Pixel 2! Let us know how you like it in the Pixel 3 sub-forums!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty