Shipping time

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Finally after looking for all sorts od devices I ordered the midnight Robin yesterday. Being a phone addictive gone through. A lot of devices in the last couple of years (blackberry z30,leap,priv,passport, sony xperia, Microsoft lumia 640 and 950)

Dont like android much, but the looks of robin made me order one.

How long does it take to get it shipped to canada? Hopefully its not a long wait

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Finally after looking for all sorts od devices I ordered the midnight Robin yesterday. Being a phone addictive gone through. A lot of devices in the last couple of years (blackberry z30,leap,priv,passport, sony xperia, Microsoft lumia 640 and 950)

How long does it take to get it shipped to canada? Hopefully its not a long wait

May be a good idea to contact the site you purchased it from. Or at least provide WHERE you bought it from if you are looking for this answer.
I am assuming Amazon. And if it was Amazon, then it depends on how you choose to ship it. It's pretty clear on their site

Want it Monday, June 27? Order within 20 hrs 18 mins and choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout.
If you didn't choose that option I am sure it would have given you a time frame for shipping...

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site

On the Nextbit forums, I saw someone say 2 weeks. One week to ship, another week to get it. At least from them directly. Unless you ordered from Amazon, that is.

Lacker20

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I ordered mine directly from Nextbit (midnight) Monday night (20th) and received it the 24th. I'm also located in Canada. Will most likely arrive with FedEx.

On a side note, your device history is interesting. I'm curious as to why you didn't like the Priv? I've had Z10 before upgrading to a Passport. I was eyeing the Priv but simply could not justify the price for the similar specs as the Robin. Still adapting to the Android world coming from BB10 but overall I'm enjoying it. Hope you get your device soon!

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I ordered mine directly from Nextbit (midnight) Monday night (20th) and received it the 24th. I'm also located in Canada. Will most likely arrive with FedEx.

On a side note, your device history is interesting. I'm curious as to why you didn't like the Priv? I've had Z10 before upgrading to a Passport. I was eyeing the Priv but simply could not justify the price for the similar specs as the Robin. Still adapting to the Android world coming from BB10 but overall I'm enjoying it. Hope you get your device soon!
I bought the priv when it was released and I was still missing bb10. Plus I don't use physical keyboard at all. Hence I retuned it.

Now its come to a full circle. After using windows mobile for a while I do miss the apps adn the windows OS have bugs and lags at times. Ready to give a Android another go

Sent from mTalk

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Ordered on Friday and got my package today - tuesday morning. Super excited. Will open and set ut up tonight.

Sent from mTalk

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Ordered on Friday and got my package today - tuesday morning. Super excited. Will open and set ut up tonight.

Sent from mTalk

It sounds like you and me are in a similar situation. Enjoy your Robin!! The Robin is the one of the few Android phones I really liked a lot. I'm willing to keep with Android, as long as I can do it with the Robin. What color did you order?

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Midnight blue.
How long have u had yours?
How do u like android and robin so far? How's the overall performance? Battery life?

Sent from mTalk

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Midnight blue.
How long have u had yours?
How do u like android and robin so far? How's the overall performance? Battery life?

Sent from mTalk

Nice!
There's a story behind why I am waiting for another one but most recently a week.
Android is okay, there's a slight learning curve and I did a lot of googling on how to do some stuff. Unlike Windows Phone/Mobile, I feel like it takes more steps to do some things. It's kind of cool, but slightly overwhelming that you can change default apps, like the web browser, phone, and sms/messaging.

The overall performance is pretty good (I'll give it a 7 out of 10). The cameras are decent, battery life on the other hand, I have gotten less than a day. That was really my biggest annoyance with it, otherwise I really liked a lot. Since I can't stop thinking about having it, I ordered one again to keep.
I learned some tweaks that I can do for battery life, which I'm going to be trying immediately when I get it to see if that can extend the day a little bit more for me.

The Nextbit launcher doesn't allow custom icons.

Edit: I forgot to say that I found the Nextbit OS to be similar to "stock" (i.e. Nexus) Android, but slightly different in a good way.

Last edited:

Lacker20

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Nice!
There's a story behind why I am waiting for another one but most recently a week.
Android is okay, there's a slight learning curve and I did a lot of googling on how to do some stuff. Unlike Windows Phone/Mobile, I feel like it takes more steps to do some things. It's kind of cool, but slightly overwhelming that you can change default apps, like the web browser, phone, and sms/messaging.

The overall performance is pretty good (I'll give it a 7 out of 10). The cameras are decent, battery life on the other hand, I have gotten less than a day. That was really my biggest annoyance with it, otherwise I really liked a lot. Since I can't stop thinking about having it, I ordered one again to keep.
I learned some tweaks that I can do for battery life, which I'm going to be trying immediately when I get it to see if that can extend the day a little bit more for me.

The Nextbit launcher doesn't allow custom icons.

Edit: I forgot to say that I found the Nextbit OS to be similar to "stock" (i.e. Nexus) Android, but slightly different in a good way.

I've found adding music and files from the computer to the smarphone to be very complicated in comparison to BB10 but luckily google is there to help. Any particular tips for battery usage other than not using it? ;) I find myself being able to keep 12-14 hours on a single charge with 3-4.5 SOT but I am running for the charger when I get home.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I've found adding music and files from the computer to the smarphone to be very complicated in comparison to BB10 but luckily google is there to help. Any particular tips for battery usage other than not using it? ;) I find myself being able to keep 12-14 hours on a single charge with 3-4.5 SOT but I am running for the charger when I get home.

6 tips to improve battery life on the Nexus 5X | Android Central
I tried that on the 5x (well, not the last tip but most of it) and it worked out well. For location, battery saving is the best mode (some people have said that they change it to high accuracy when using the maps when traveling).
Also I turned off (Google) Now on tap in settings and that helped. You can still use it if you need it, but at least this way, it isn't always listening.
Finally, I limited backup. In my case, I just turned it off altogether but I would think there should be a setting to reduce or change how often backup is making backups.
It seems like a day is what someone can roughly get with the Robin, but that is what I plan to try to see how far I can extend the day.

Additionally some apps aren't so good. I hear a lot about the Facebook app being a leech around these forums. Speaking of apps, it's up to you if you want them to auto-update and install or if you want them to just notify you when updates are available.

Funny that you say running to the charger. I felt like I was doing that EVERY DAY. It made me mad. I really hope these tips help me since they helped with the 5x and the two devices are seriously similar, minus the ambient (fickle) display lol.

Edit: I keep adding to this post, sorry. I somehow forgot to say that I adjusted the "push" notifications for my email accounts. My secondary email doesn't get much email, so I set that to daily. My primary email gets email randomly, so I feel like setting that to hourly helps me. YMMV with this, you don't have to do it, it's just a suggestion.

Edit 2: The comments in the linked post are interesting, they might be worth a read. Sorry for the wall of text!

Last edited:

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I just wanted to report back to say that I got my Robin and after following my own tips, I got about 20 hours on a charge including setup time off the charger. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out. Right now, I'm at 65% percent and it estimates that I have a day and 3 hours left.

I forgot that you can set wifi to not be on when the phone is sleeping. I should have tried this at work yesterday but eh, I have next week for that.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeansonhacks