Suggestions on Nexus4 case and screen protector

AuntieJimbo

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Ok. I took off the Spigen screen protector and replaced it with the XtremeGuard. It's a wet application, but totally easy as pie. TOtally as easy as a glass of water. That easy. Additionally, it provides a bit of grip for people, like me, who sometimes hold the phone by the front and back screens. Boo, Spigen. Yay, XtremeGuard.

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I didn't have much trouble with the spigen install. It helped to figure out that the dust removal stickers were for use against the sticky side. Really like it with the poetic bumper.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

moonister

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Used xtremeguard screen protector for over 2 weeks but found it terrible. The protector is very sticky meaning that gliding your finger is a pain ,also it is a fingerprint magnet, not just fingerprint but anything really, if you have slightly greasy fingers its going to leave really nasty marks which are v hard to clear. Also, the texture is rough far from smooth or crystal clear. Started to peal off yesterday, that's it I thought I had enough. Ripped it off today. On a positive note it did protect my screen but the trade off is too high to me. I have a feeling that this is not the issue of this specific brand but all wet application screen protectors have these issues. This is a shame because dry application screens offer smooth surface but don't go all over the screen.

wvcadle

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I purchased an XO Skin for my Nexus 7, and am pleased with it. I have been using is since September, and it still feels great. During the wet install, I did get one single piece of dust under it, but it's no big deal. It's able to be peeled off and reapplied, but it doesn't bother me enough to do it.

Now, onto the Nexus 4. Has anyone bought and installed an XO Skin for their Nexus 4? Here's a link to the product page. It comes with 2 skins, one for each side of the phone. If anyone is using it, please post your thoughts about it.

Google Nexus 4 Full Body Protector [Google Nexus 4 Full Body Protector] - $22.46 : Screen Protector | Screen Protectors | Shield | XO Skins

daniel2744

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
My current set-up is the Seidio surface case for my Nexus 4. its $34 dollars(alot i know) but i like the look of it and it has a kickstand which is a important thing for me since i watch alot of media. SEIDIO | SURFACE with Metal Kickstand Case for LG Nexus 4 As far as my screen protector goes I'm using the LG ones that T-Mobile sells. I was really against it at first because i had bad experiences in the past but the guy put in on for me and he did an excellent job. No air bubbles or nothing. I was really shocked how good it looked.

wvcadle

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Is the case hard on the outside, which bodes well for slipping in and out of pockets? Do you feel it will protect the phone against minor drops?

nexus89

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking I will go with skimoni for screen protector. Had that on gnex then after replaced with xtremeguard I believe and did not like it. Ordered another skimoni and satisfied