Best Nexus 4/android earbuds??

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I've been looking at earbuds for my N4 via CNET/Amazon by ratings/etc and finding that a lot of the "good" ones are only for iPhones and/or their remotes for volume/play/pause/skip track don't work with Android phones?! WTF?

I looked at the ShopAndroid site under LG/Nexus 4 line, but none of those really appeal to me.

Thanks!

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm using a pair of Skullcandy earbuds with my HOX+ and I really like them! The play/pause works with Audible but the volume doesn't :(

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! I'm just getting into earbuds for phones, but I've heard of Skullcandy. What model/version do you have? I was at BB the other day and seems there's so many models of them.
I've been looking at the Nuforce 600M model too. Seem to be pretty good at 29.95, but the only thing is the remote is right by your face. I like the remote being longer like in front of me or so, so when I'm at the gym, it's easy to play/pause where my hands already are and not go up to my face :)

Thanks again!

HadaDumbPhone

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
if i were to buy some earbuds, still might, from some research monoprice 8320 seems to be very good for the price(cheap). I don't really like the styling, over the ear, and supposedly has some wire noise.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I had an Amazon gift card leftover from my bday in May, so I tried a couple different brands at Best Buy and luckily they have a 15day return, so was nice to try some out before actually going back to Amazon to buy a pair.
I tried 4 different brands and finally decided to the last try, SOL Republic Jax. I love'em. Mostly tangle-free cord and the button remote works to FF, which is all I need at the gym. Bass and highs are nice and crisp, with the bass a little on the heavy side. But suits me perfectly. And in all, they were only like $39 on Amazon.

I highly recommend them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa