Back to stock

promanex

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Decided to flash back to stock from AOKP. I really liked the additions the rom made to my phone (like the toggles in quick settings) but there were just too many bugs and niggles. The two biggest were that my data connection was REALLY unstable and that hitting the quick reply button on sms notifications would delete all sms from that person. For now I'm just going to stick with stock :)

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
The ROM has no control over the data connection, kernel maybe. And the quick sms bug was fixed in the most recent build, 12/18. Typically you should expect some bugs in the unofficial "nightly" builds. Fwiw I am running the 12/8 build which is completely solid.. I keep up with the changlogs and user reports when I get a chance so I know when things are fixed and what may be broken in any new builds.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Such is the life at the cutting edge.
I am running jubakuba's 1216 build. I haven't found a major bug yet.

ALL linaro optimizations (not just the stuff on gerrit)
Rom Control:
Arrows in NavBar for Keyboard Cursor
UI for Custom MMS Quick Replies
Menu UI Overflow Toggle - Not on gerrit.
It's being a jerk and not letting me upload
Show Back Arrow In Power Menu
NavControls to NavRing (WIP - Not All Controls Working)
HOLO Dark/Light ThemeChooser

Frameworks:
NavRing Reguardless of NavBar being ON/OFF (WIP - Needs Double Swipe)
Refractor Fast Charge Toggle (AKA it won't show up if your device doesn't support it)
Battery Text Themability
Replace Candy Cane with TeamKang CogsSettings:
Volume Adjust Mutability
Increasing Ring Volume

MMS:
Allow Deleting of Messages Through Quick ReplyStrip Unicode
Theme Support (AKA settings in MMS for Theming your MMS to your own liking)

Desk Clock:
Allow Default Alarm to be Chosen

Phone:
Advanced Phone Settings (Vibrate on Connect/Every Minute/Etc)

With tweaks like that, I couldn't go back to stock. :)

promanex

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The ROM has no control over the data connection, kernel maybe

Not sure what was going on there then. Data connection is strong again now I flashed the stock rom back. Would flashing the rom also replace the kernal or is that something you have to do yourself?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what was going on there then. Data connection is strong again now I flashed the stock rom back. Would flashing the rom also replace the kernal or is that something you have to do yourself?

ROMs usually include whatever kernel the ROM developer prefers, so you will have that unless you flash one your prefer separately. The build I mentioned earlier I believe only uses the stock kernel, but it's possible they switched to using a different one since then, I'm not aware one way or the other. Also if you didn't do a clean flash (data wipe) or you restored old system data using TiBu or something, you could expect plenty of non-true bugs to show up.