I'm having trouble unbricking my Nexus 4

AndrewRC123

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus 4 seems to be bricked and when I try and restore it it seems to fail on the command " ./fastboot-mac -w update image-occam-jwr66v.img " (trying to restore to 4.3.) I've got the right files and haven't missed any steps, so what could it be?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
My Nexus 4 seems to be bricked and when I try and restore it it seems to fail on the command " ./fastboot-mac -w update image-occam-jwr66v.img " (trying to restore to 4.3.) I've got the right files and haven't missed any steps, so what could it be?

First.. how did it begin to have trouble? Were you just trying to use the factory image to get 4.3, or was the phone messed up and needed a factory image restore? Were you rooted and if so what did you do that caused problems to begin?

Need to know exactly what error message you are getting. Include a screenshot or at least a clear representation of what happens after you enter the command above.

AndrewRC123

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I had 4.2.2 rooted with ClockWorkMod and franco kernel on but I wanted 4.3 and because I cleared the Google Service Framework data (which wasn't a good idea) so I tried restoring to default as if it was a new device but it didn't seem to work and when I get to the command " ./fastboot-mac -w update image-occam-jwr66v.img " I seem to get this:

archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
archive does not contain 'recovery.sig'
archive does not contain 'system.sig'
--------------------------------------------
Bootloader Version...: MAKOZ20i
Baseband Version.....:
Serial Number........:
checking product... OKAY
checking version-bootloader... OKAY
checking version-baseband... OKAY
sending 'boot' (6194 KB)... OKAY
writing 'boot'... OKAY
sending 'recovery' (6738 KB)... OKAY
writing 'recovery'... OKAY
sending 'system' (570666 KB)... ERROR: usb_write failed with status e00002be
FAILED (data transfer failure (No such file or directory))

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I had 4.2.2 rooted with ClockWorkMod and franco kernel on but I wanted 4.3 and because I cleared the Google Service Framework data (which wasn't a good idea) so I tried restoring to default as if it was a new device but it didn't seem to work and when I get to the command " ./fastboot-mac -w update image-occam-jwr66v.img " I seem to get this:

archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
archive does not contain 'recovery.sig'
archive does not contain 'system.sig'
Bootloader Version...: MAKOZ20i
Baseband Version.....:
Serial Number........:
checking product... OKAY
checking version-bootloader... OKAY
checking version-baseband... OKAY
sending 'boot' (6194 KB)... OKAY
writing 'boot'... OKAY
sending 'recovery' (6738 KB)... OKAY
writing 'recovery'... OKAY
sending 'system' (570666 KB)... ERROR: usb_write failed with status e00002be
FAILED (data transfer failure (No such file or directory))

First off, check my Factory Image Restore guide and make sure you are using the updated fastboot-mac file you will find in the Files tab.. I think I pointed it out with some blue text or something... are you using that already?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez