Samsung OS on Nexus 4

The Me

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I saw a post somewhere asking if that was possible when rooted or using any "hack". So, is it? Is it possible loading part of a feature like multitasking to a stock OS?

I mean, if it's rooted, how can it not run anything?

Last edited:

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Because Samsung has it's own framework that can not be ported. Even just porting certain features is very hard to accomplish due to the lack of frame work. And with those features that are successfully ported, it is hit and miss with which devices they will work on.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Touchwiz. They modify the ui with their own structure so they can add their own features. All this is not open source, so getting it to work on other devices is virtually impossible. There are some ports that come close, but typically remain buggy. This varies by device. There are also themes that make it look like Touchwiz.

Last edited:

The Me

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Touchwiz. They modify the ui with their own structure so they can add their own features. All this is not open source, so getting it to work on other devices is virtually impossible. There are some ports that come close, but typically remain buggy. This varies by device. There are also themes that make it look like Touchwiz.

Alright, thanks for you help!

Only reason I'm not going with Samsung is because they're cheap devices quality wise. Isn't that right?

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
No. Some people don't like the plastic that Samsung uses, but in my opinion that doesn't make them cheap quality phones unless you buy one of the very low end phones. The Galaxy series phones are some very nice phones. I'm just not a big fan of Touchwiz.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress