2015 Nexus: LG Nexus 5 or Huawei Nexus 6? Which will you buy?

Which 2015 Nexus would you buy?

• Total voters

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Now that rumors are flying which Nexus will you buy this year if the rumors are true that we will have a Nexus 5 made by LG and a Nexus 6 made by Huawei?

I personally will be buying the Nexus 5. The Nexus 5 is still my favorite device of ALL time. I loved everything about it. The camera and battery are good enough for my usage. If they upgraded what they had in the Nexus 5 with modern internals I would be happier than a pig in filth! I would like a slightly larger screen than the N5. I already have larger phones (iPhone 6 Plus and Nexus 6) so I want something slightly smaller to complement them.

My perfect device would be:

2015 LG Nexus 5
5.3" HD Screen
Snapdragon 820
3gb RAM
13mp rear facing camera with OIS
5mp front facing camera
32, 64, or 128gb RAM ($399/$449/$499) although I would pay more
3000 mAh battery (yeah I know I'm dreaming and I don't mind thicker but bigger battery)
Fast Charging
Wireless Charging
Fingerprint scanner

Yes, I know this won't happen but the closer they get to this the closer to perfection it becomes in my eyes.

sictheangel

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
If I had to upgrade, then the Huawei N6 for sure. I love big screened stock Android now thanks to the current N6, so I'm going to stick with that.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
FYI, I've seen several articles online today redacting the evleaks claim about the 820 in Huawei's Nexus:

Huawei Nexus to be powered by Snapdragon 810, not Snapdragon 820 according to analyst

That said, I'd be interested in trying out the Huawei version iff it's display is a solid and impressive-looking 5.7" and it has front-facing stereo speakers. Nevertheless, unless their Nexus gets glowing reviews from everyone who touches it, I don't think I'll be tempted to abandon my N6.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like I'm in the minority wanting a Nexus 5 but maybe I should cross post on the Nexus 5 forum for a different response haha

bluefalcon13

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
If both my backup (old Nexus 5 32gb) and my Nexus 6 died, I would have a hard time choosing. I love both phone, for different reasons. It would come down to battery life ultimately for me, and if new N5 has better battery life compared to the old N5, it would be really close.

I don't need the crazy battery life I get on the N6, but I need more than my N5 gets...

N6 is beautiful to use, but sucks to carry, while the N5 is good to use and great to carry...

Very conflicted with this thought line, therefore I hope that my phones live long and prosper...

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I would take the LG because I just can't get past that Chinese mass produced products are usually poorly made. Also... not being paranoid but.... how many times have the Chinese hacked US government and corporate computers. I definitely would be concerned about a Chinese made smartphone.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'll be getting the Huawei Nexus. With Android M's new features, and the SD 820, I can't deny being excited. I just hope that Google brings back the dark theme from Preview 1. If Google prices it at $549.99 for 32 GB and 599.99 for 64, GB, it'll be perfect.

My only concern is that Google doesn't skimp with the battery or speaker(s), as "cost-saving measures". Give me at least a 4,000 mAh battery, and the loud sounding speaker that Huawei is known for, if not dual front stereo speakers.

This all hinges on the SD 820, mind you. If it has the 810, then I'll stick with the Moto 6.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
.... I'd look at that report with a grain of salt. It certainly smells like a dude looking for cheap clicks.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
FYI, I've seen several articles online today redacting the evleaks claim about the 820 in Huawei's Nexus:

Huawei Nexus to be powered by Snapdragon 810, not Snapdragon 820 according to analyst

That said, I'd be interested in trying out the Huawei version iff it's display is a solid and impressive-looking 5.7" and it has front-facing stereo speakers. Nevertheless, unless their Nexus gets glowing reviews from everyone who touches it, I don't think I'll be tempted to abandon my N6.

I'm assuming that since the screen is supposedly 5.7", Google will make use of Samsung's Note 4 screens, since they like to keep the newer ones for themselves. It would certainly be a good idea, because depending on how easy the device is to repair, people can probably do so locally since most shops will have Samsung parts readily on hand.

Posted via the Android Central App

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Think going to buy the one with fingerprint sensor. If both of them will have it will go for the smaller one in size.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've upgraded from the 4 to 5 to the 6.... The 6 has by far held up better over time than the 4 or 5 did..... I've adjusted pretty good to the 5.96 inch screen but it's still a pretty big device... My daughter has the 2014 Moto X and 5.2 just feels way too small... 5.7 might be a really good sweet spot in between.... Would just come down to how thick/heavy it is.... Similar sized battery and a 1080p screen would make 5.7 pretty good (I know there is no way they go down to 1080p as qHD seems to be the standard but I still can't tell THAT much of a difference between 1080p and qHD in a phone screen.... Give me the improved battery life with 1080p.. IMO)

That said if I am upgrading again it's to the larger 5.7 phone and not a 5.2 ish size phone....

derdjango

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I prefer to wait until the devices are official before making a decision. But honestly, I'm kind of not looking to upgrade. N6 is a beast and will be a beast next year.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch