Do you think the Nexus 2015 will be worth waiting for

RitchieJoe

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
So I have a cracked s4, I have only ever owned samsung smart phones. However due to samsung knox and touchwiz I am considering buying from a different company. Do you think the new nexus will be worth waiting for? or should I just buy an LG G4?

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
So I have a cracked s4, I have only ever owned samsung smart phones. However due to samsung knox and touchwiz I am considering buying from a different company. Do you think the new nexus will be worth waiting for? or should I just buy an LG G4?

depends what you're looking for ... if you prefer a removable battery and camera is very important to you, I'd get the G4. if you're looking for a phone that's gonna run stock, wait and see what the Nexus has to offer.

there's nothing confirmed with the Nexus yet, so while we can all speculate what it'll have, the only thing we're certain about is that it's pure Android.

Posted via the Android Central App

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm loving my G4. My only gripe would be battery life, but I'm a pretty heavy user so I think that's more on me and not LG. And they gave me a free battery anyway.

That being said, if you're waiting for the Nexus, get the Nexus. Especially if you've never had one. Anyone that loves Android owes that to themselves. I would still have my Nexus 5 if the G4 hadn't been calling my name. This recommendation us coming from an LG fanboy, let it be known.

Last edited:

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I love my N6 being a former Galaxy s3 and note 3 user and owned lg g3 so far the nexus is my favorite... I use nova prime for my launcher and several different icon packs . I have a Google music account and kept everything else Google...

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving my G4. My only gripe would be battery life, but I'm a pretty heavy user so I think that's more on me and not LG. And they gave me a free battery anyway.

That being said, if you're waiting for the Nexus, get the Nexus. Especially if you've never had one. Anyone that loves Android owes that to themselves. I would still have my Nexus 5 if the G4 hadn't been calling my name. This recommendation us coming from an LG fanboy, let it be known.

Just curious as I'm considering the g4 as well. Do you use the stock launcher?

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Just curious as I'm considering the g4 as well. Do you use the stock launcher?

The first thing I did was download the Google Now Launcher. Coming from the Nexus 5, I wanted the stock experience. Couldn't let it go. I do every so often change to the stock launcher, but not often. A lot of people are using Nova as well.

My wife runs the stock launcher on her G4. She said it's one of her favorite aspects of the phone. She came from the M8.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
The first thing I did was download the Google Now Launcher. Coming from the Nexus 5, I wanted the stock experience. Couldn't let it go. I do every so often change to the stock launcher, but not often. A lot of people are using Nova as well.

My wife runs the stock launcher on her G4. She said it's one of her favorite aspects of the phone. She came from the M8.

Thanks man. Not to bug ya but does it run smooth with Google now and have you had any stutters or lag? I have an s6 now but I'm not impressed with anything except the screen quality. I have delay all over the place..Plus Battery life is like I don't even want to go far from home. Lol

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks man. Not to bug ya but does it run smooth with Google now and have you had any stutters or lag? I have an s6 now but I'm not impressed with anything except the screen quality. I have delay all over the place..Plus Battery life is like I don't even want to go far from home. Lol

There was some lag at first. After a couple of weeks, I backed up everything with LG's backup app and also Google and did a factory reset. I also uninstalled Google Fit and a number of other apps I'll never use. What I couldn't uninstall I disabled. After that it's been smooth sailing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty