Nexus 5X will start at base price $379.99, no micro SD, available online only!

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I'd personally choose this 5X over a Zenfone 2 any day of the week.

Me too. The stock android experience is worth the tradeoffs. I'm using a 5x because of the simplicity and functionality of it. I don't need 4gb ram if it runs fine on 2. The zenfone has a horrible camera in addition to the modified Android.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Curious as to why? Z2 has SO much more to offer than the Nexus for almost $100 less.
Nah, not for my needs and desires. The camera is apparently not so great in reviews I've read. Same for the battery life too. The phone is huge, even larger than the Nexus 5X so very unsuitable for me (I'm a dwarf at only 5'5" tall). The Nexus has no bloatware and faster updates too, which I'd prefer. It also has a fingerprint scanner.

It's good to hear that you like it. I'm not trying to say that I think it's a bad phone, it's just not for me.

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Curious as to why? Z2 has SO much more to offer than the Nexus for almost $100 less.

More is subjective. The Android specs war has become ridiculous. The Nexus 5X has enough of what I need plus I get a phone that runs stock Android, gets timely updates, and works on all major carriers. As long as the battery gets me through the day and the camera is at least in range of top tier phones that is all I need. What I don't need is a phablet sized phone that runs a bloat filled clunky outdated version of Android with specs I don't need.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Camera (see my post above) is great.I've taken a bunch of pix and all look great. No issues there.

Battery life...I can go a day and a half if I chose to with this monster battery. I'm usually at 50 by 10pm each night (unplugged at 7am).Battery, not an issue.

Size..not an issue for me, but yes, if you have tiny fingers/hands, you might have an issue. I like the size, perfect for me.

Bloatware...not an issue, all can be disabled or deleted in mere minutes. Not an issue at all.

Updates? Asus has been great tweaking this new phone. We've had a few updates since I got the phone this past summer all of which have helped to make the phone even snappier and handier. So no worries at all about updates. I bet Nexus/Google will offer what, 1 update a year?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Camera (see my post above) is great.I've taken a bunch of pix and all look great. No issues there.

Battery life...I can go a day and a half if I chose to with this monster battery. I'm usually at 50 by 10pm each night (unplugged at 7am).Battery, not an issue.

Size..not an issue for me, but yes, if you have tiny fingers/hands, you might have an issue. I like the size, perfect for me.

Bloatware...not an issue, all can be disabled or deleted in mere minutes. Not an issue at all.

Updates? Asus has been great tweaking this new phone. We've had a few updates since I got the phone this past summer all of which have helped to make the phone even snappier and handier. So no worries at all about updates. I bet Nexus/Google will offer what, 1 update a year?

Yes, the camera is capable of good pics. The pic above is in idea lighting of a very nice subject. My Nexus 5 could take that same quality or better. In less than ideal conditions the ZF2 falls off a cliff. I had the ZF2 for awhile and it was nowhere near as fast as my n6 or even my n5. All that ram isn't necessarily the best thing. It's overkill and there just to say "we have 4gb ram". The phone is big and clunky. The OS is ugly. I don't want to have to delete bloat, I don't want it there at all. When will ZF2 get Marshmallow? Maybe next spring?

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Only one Nexus device has ever had support for a MicroSD card. That was the very first Nexus device. Good news is that in 2015 all options are available to you. If you want a phone that supports SD cards you have plenty of options. The Samsung crowd that keeps telling us they are going away, but in Fall of 2015 you have more high end options with SD cards than you had in the Fall of 2013.

Zachary Boddy

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site

They'll offer quite a few more than one probably. Nothing major (Android has never been one for major updates or improvements except once a year) but they'll be a couple bug fixes and performance improvements like usual.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall