Day 1 update?

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
my guess it's for tmobile wifi calling. my nexus 6 did the same thing when I first put in the sim card before. when i unlocked my mother in law iphone 6 plus and put in a tmobile sim for her, it also updated with wifi calling.

sambartle_uk

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I have had my phone for 5 days now and no update in the UK.. Im on build:MDA89E which is what was supplied from the factory.

It does look carrier specific I'd say..

Google aren't helping to be honest... if you look on the factory images page it lists 3 builds as 6.0.0 MDA89E, MDA89F, MDB89I, with no distinction for why you should use which.

No idea what the F one is!

kmod75

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I got it, too. 42mb in size - prompted once I set up the phone. AT&T sim card. No description of what it is...still on Marshmellow 6.0

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
wheres my update..

anyone on vzw got the update??

I'm on Verizon now but I got the update before I even put in the SIM. Like someone said, Google rolls these updates out over time. It's not carrier specific. It's also not a major update anyway, you're not missing anything.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully another update comes through sooner rather than later regarding the camera. Not sure if they need to update just the app itself specifically, but I'd hope I don't have to live with the long processing times for HDR+ too much longer.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
It's weird, I still haven't received the OTA. On Verizon and have had the phone since Wednesday. I check for updates at least twice a day. Not that big of a deal but figured if there was bug fixes, it couldn't hurt to install.

Posted via my 5x

Last edited: