Nexus 5X battery problem

nikoll92

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
i've been using the 5X since last Friday and i noticed the "Google app" drains A LOT of my battery, first days it was fine but then i noticed the battery life has gone terrible, for example today i went out in the morning with 95%, listened some Spotify that took only 5% n after two hours of basically doing almost nothing with the phone it went down to like less than 70%. i took screenshots now. do you have any ideas how to fix this?
Screenshot_20151110-175310.jpg Screenshot_20151110-180013.jpg

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
i've been using the 5X since last Friday and i noticed the "Google app" drains A LOT of my battery, first days it was fine but then i noticed the battery life has gone terrible, for example today i went out in the morning with 95%, listened some Spotify that took only 5% n after two hours of basically doing almost nothing with the phone it went down to like less than 70%. i took screenshots now. do you have any ideas how to fix this?
View attachment 205366 View attachment 205367

Go into settings>>>apps, find the Google app, and clear data. You'll have to set things up again for Google Now....

If that doesn't help, you can try to wipe the cache partition via Recovery.

If that doesn't help, you'll probably be looking at a factory data reset.

eriaa01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I'd uninstall updates from the Google app, restart the phone, then update the Google app and see if that helps. As mentioned, something in the app is hanging on to a GPS connection.

Posted via the Android Central App

Joshua Hankins 10

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
View attachment 205366 View attachment 205367
I am having the exact same issue with battery drain and the google app constant ly using GPS and draining 800 mAh of battery per charge - did any of these suggestions work?

Fill Gee

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Had a similar issue the past few days with gps. Finally decided to check which apps were top of the active list and found that Here Maps that I don't even use had decided to keep a constant gps signal. Uninstalled it.
That fell under google services though. Not sure what would cause google app to keep a constant connection.

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Turn location off.. Why have GPS on if your not using it

Posted via Android Central App

This is a great work-around to treat the symptom, but at some point we need to address the root cause. Leaving Location on should not result in excessive battery drain. Leaving Location on typically just means the GPS radio is accessible whenever an app calls for it.

Since not everyone is experiencing this, it is likely something unique the the users' setup...or perhaps just a bad install of the Google App itself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89