Nexus 5x loops on accessing Google account, what can I do?

luethirol

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Nexus 5x loops on accessing google account

Got a new Nexus 5x (32 GB); installed and configured it with a new Google accout and loade several application via playstore. Then I made a factory reset and starte configuration again. Selectin language, connecting to WLAN worked fine but Connection to my Google account was refused by the messege like: device was reset please connect to the account used bevor resetting device.
That's where the device now hangs. Resetting Password, confirmation by short message, does not help. On my pc the account is well accessible with the Login an Password used on the Nexus. Repeating the factory reset did not help either.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance and regards, Roland

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5x loops on accessing google account

Got a new Nexus 5x (32 GB); installed and configured it with a new Google accout and loade several application via playstore. Then I made a factory reset and starte configuration again. Selectin language, connecting to WLAN worked fine but Connection to my Google account was refused by the messege like: device was reset please connect to the account used bevor resetting device.
That's where the device now hangs. Resetting Password, confirmation by short message, does not help. On my pc the account is well accessible with the Login an Password used on the Nexus. Repeating the factory reset did not help either.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance and regards, Roland

I believe that there is a security notice that resetting pw will lock you out for several hours? Oh, here it is:

Source: LINK

Important: If you're running Android 5.1 or higher on your device and need to do a factory reset, you need to wait 72 hours after changing your password to reset your device. For security purposes, you can't use an account if the password was changed within 72 hours to set up the device after reset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress