Best 3rd party camera for the nexus 5x

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello. Which camera app would you recommend for the nexus 5x? Waiting for HDR to process is a huge pain when it comes to using the stock camera app

Posted via the Android Central App

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
If you're running Marshmallow, you should be able to use the Google camera. You won't find it at the Playstore, so search APKPure.

neu smurph

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Err - Google Camera is the stock Camera on the 5X and is slow to process HDR. It's also very much on the PlayStore for Nexus and Non Nexus devices.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Err - Google Camera is the stock Camera on the 5X and is slow to process HDR. It's also very much on the PlayStore for Nexus and Non Nexus devices.
I searched for Google Camera on Playstore and couldn't find it. They removed it at version 3.0. I just searched for it and still don't see it... unless they changed the name. You have a link.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
HDR+ of slower to capture than other HDR modes due to the nature of how out works (it does pixel by pixel processing like astronomers use with telescopes). I've tested a bunch and HDR+ does the best job... I think it's worth the processing time personally.

Try ProShot, Manual Camera, FV-5 to start with.

neu smurph

May 15, 2013
Visit site
My bad - your right it doesn't show up on a playstore web search anymore. It's still there when I look at installed apps in the Playstore app on my phone.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
My bad - your right it doesn't show up on a playstore web search anymore. It's still there when I look at installed apps in the Playstore app on my phone.

Yeah, that's a bit of a mystery of sorts right now... especially over in custom ROM land where the Google Camera isn't installed by default on AOSP-based ROMs... If you don't flash it as part of a Google apps package, it's not available in the Play Store.... and no one can come up with a definitive reason as to why. There are theories, but none of them quite work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87