Camera Guide

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
OK, I know the camera is simple, but I still don't understand exactly how it functions. I can't find any guides anywhere. What does it mean when the circle appears? What exactly happens when I touch the screen?

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
OK, I know the camera is simple, but I still don't understand exactly how it functions. I can't find any guides anywhere. What does it mean when the circle appears? What exactly happens when I touch the screen?

Someone had this up earlier but,
•A= HDR on auto. So if the shot needs it the camera will process in HDR.

•HDR= HDR for EVERY SHOT

•\=No HDR

Posted via the Android Central App

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, that was helpful. But I still could not find anything that would explain what the circle does, or what it is telling you. Also, when I press the screen, the help file said that was to change the focus point, but on my phone it also changes the exposure drastically. What's that about?

The circle is what the phone is focusing on. You can change that by tapping anywhere in the viewfinder

Posted via the Android Central App

jaredsutter

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The camera will try to properly expose whatever you focus on. So if you try to focus on something that is brighter than the rest of the scene, everything will be dimmed so that the bright spot is properly exposed. If you try to focus on a shadowed area of a bright scene, all of the bright areas will be over-exposed and washed out.