tempered glass

fabian bonifacio

May 16, 2015
Visit site
So I recently ordered a tempered glass screen protector for my 6P but I always seem to fail at installing them, and avoiding dust particles is a little difficult, I was thinking of turning the shower on to make the room a bit humid before applying, do u think this is a good idea? (Better ideas are welcomed) :)

Posted via the Android Central App

SeanNYC76

May 3, 2010
Visit site
My method.

Wipe the screen clean with a good micro fiber cloth, I use something called I clear. I spray a little on a cloth and it works great. But you can use a tiny bit of water or anything that's used to clean a TV screen or even camera lens. When I say clean I mean clean as in make sure no particles are on the screen. You can even use a little air blower, they sell them in staples to clean keyboards, people use the can of air but I feel that it's to strong and you risk actually getting dust into the actual screen.

Make sure you run your fingers down the glass protector before putting it on while it still has adhesive on both sides. That's just removes any dust that's on the actual protector.

Make sure your hands are clean, dry them, not a paper towel but with a regular towel to avoid little dust fibers getting on your fingers.

Than get to work.

Some new ones come with application devices that line it up perfectly, some don't. If your going in and doing it by eyesight the Nexus 6p is actually easy with the 2 big speaker grills. Just line up the top so the grills are in the middle of the cut out of the protector and than nice and easily set the protector down. Press down in the middle gently and just work your finger around.

Next up I take a credit card and put it in my micro fiber cloth and gently press against all the corners and around the cut outs near the speakers and earpiece.

After that your done, just give it a rub down with a cloth and make sure it's to your liking.

In the event that you get some dust particles on there, the only way to get them out is to remove the screen and start over. Film protectors are easy because you can slide your nail in and bend it up and grab the dust with a piece of tape or the little sticky that most protectors come with, but with glass you can't bend it and it must be removed. If you have to remove it just do so and make sure you clean the screen all over again, and what I do is get a lint roller and run it over the glass screen protector a few times removing any dust, and than your back to square one all over again and just need to lay it down gently.

Follow those steps and you should be good. I'm pretty anal about this and with a little patience you will get a dust free screen.

Good Luck.

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I ALWAYS put my screen protectors on with the shower running. Learned that trick a few years ago.

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
The SuperShieldz branded protectors come with a pair of screen cleaning wipes, a micro-fiber cloth and a pair of dust removal stickers to use.

This is the fourth or fifth device I have used that brand with (third tempered glass protector). Great customer service as well if needed.

SeanNYC76

May 3, 2010
Visit site
The SuperShieldz branded protectors come with a pair of screen cleaning wipes, a micro-fiber cloth and a pair of dust removal stickers to use.

This is the fourth or fifth device I have used that brand with (third tempered glass protector). Great customer service as well if needed.

Is the screen anti fingerprint with an oleophobic coating?