AC: Nexus 6P versus the Nexus 6

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I still like the Nexus 6, and think if you have one and are happy with it, you should keep it for another year.

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry... you make things so difficult. I am in the throes of such a dilemma. You didn't help. ;)

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I agree, although I have both now. There is still something about the 6 that clicks. I am having hard time listing it for sale. I never hesitated selling my phones after the latest model before.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm probably going to keep my 6P, but I love the N6. The design is nicer. I don't really like the look of the 6P. Probably the only reason why I'll keep the 6P is because of the fingerprint sensor. I didn't expect to like the sensor, but oh my god, is it nice being able to unlock the phone just by taking it up. I put my N6 on Swappa and I'm kind hoping it doesn't sell!

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree, although I have both now. There is still something about the 6 that clicks. I am having hard time listing it for sale. I never hesitated selling my phones after the latest model before.

Ha... This is me as well. I always sell my old phone as soon as the new one arrives but the Nexus 6 I've kept so far and I actually still use it because the 6 has band 12 T-Mobile support while it's not active on the 6p yet. When I go jogging or cycling in some remote trails I can still stream music without a problem on the 6 because it latches on to band 12 where as the 6p will drop to HSPA or 3G and I get some hiccups in music streaming from time to time. Which is one of two things I can't fully agree with in Jerry's review... I can't really tell which phone has better radios because in hot spots I go to often the Nexus 6 will connect to band 12 and the 6p connects to band 4... Band 4 is always faster.. Don't know why the 6 drops over to band 12 when there is a faster band 4 connection. but there are spots where the 6 connects to band 12 and the 6p only picks up HSPA or 3G..... I can't seem to have both phones in the same spot connected to the same band to really compare speeds.

The only other thing I don't agree with is my 6p has way louder speakers. Steaming music or watching video on the 6p the sound is way louder. I mean considerably louder. The 6 is pretty good but any surrounding noise and I catch myself holding my 6 up close to my ear so I can hear it. The 6p I don't have to do that at all..

Overall I loved my 6 and I really love the 6p.. They are both great phones.. The 6p is a little more comfortable to hold and use.. The thinness and slight drop in weight makes it easier to use. (in my opinion)

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Liked my nexus 6 but like my nexus 6p better! Easier to hold for me, camera and fingerprint sensor are all worthwile upgrades for me!

Posted via my Nexus 6P!

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
To owners of both the 6 and 6P.. How are the speakers? They mentioned here on AC that the 6 speakers are superior, which took me surprise.

Posted via the Android Central App

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
To owners of both the 6 and 6P.. How are the speakers? They mentioned here on AC that the 6 speakers are superior, which took me surprise.

I am by no means an audiophile but I would say the Nexus 6 speakers were a bit more full sounding and better than the 6P. I know that contradicts with what other sites said but agrees with AC but that is my opinion.

Posted via my Nexus 6P!

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Yeah it's weird how different sites have different opinions.

My 6p is way louder than my 6.... Perfect example is when I hit the shower at home I couldn't use my Nexus 6 because once in the shower with the water running I couldn't hear the music playing. With the 6p I can. It's a major difference... and I thought the Nexus 6 had pretty good speakers (but that was coming from the Nexus 5)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38