Anyone with a Nexus 6P on At&t?

astarling10

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I am using the 6p on AT&T. I received it yesterday but I haven't made any phone calls on it. I'll look in the settings to see if I find any VOLTE setting but I imagine that it probably doesn't have it since it's stock android.

astarling10

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I didn't see anything in the settings for volte. I found this article https://forums.att.com/t5/Device-Features/Nexus-6-VoLTE-HD-Voice-Support/m-p/4205077#M6041 and there is a code mentioned to supposedly check if it is activated. I saw an option to turn off volte flag but that was about it. I'm thinking since AT&T doesn't sell the phone, they won't add any calling features like volte or wifi calling but who knows maybe they will be nicer to their customers but highly doubtful. I love this phone btw!

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
That sucks. VoLTE is a lot clearer. Was hoping my 6P would be future proofed. Ah well. Hopefully T-Mobile's network will improve so I can switch

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
That sucks. VoLTE is a lot clearer. Was hoping my 6P would be future proofed. Ah well. Hopefully T-Mobile's network will improve so I can switch

Lol! The 6P sounds fine on att when I have made calls. Tmobile would need to improve a lot for me to switch! #NotHappening
Wish the wifi calling worked like it does for iPhone.

dpfrz

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Did you have to get a nano SIM from ATT? How did you do that, the online chat support is clueless, they said they do not have a SIM that fits it...

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Did you have to get a nano SIM from ATT? How did you do that, the online chat support is clueless, they said they do not have a SIM that fits it...

I just cut mine down from my note 3. You can just go into the store and they will give you a nano sim.

Posted via Android Central App

ChinChillaz

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: Anyone with a Nexus 6P on At&t?

I've been on forums for years and it amazes me how much these reps are clueless as to what their jobs are involved with. You can do one of two things. Bring your phone to an ATT store and they will provide you with a nano sim. You can get a sim cutter and cut you existing sim to a nano sim size. Next time consult the forums first because there's much more knowledge here than those clowns that work for cell phone company's.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Did you have to get a nano SIM from ATT?

I just walked in an ATT store and swapped mine out to a nano. Didn't cost anything extra and only took them a few minutes. Cutting your current SIM down is an option, but if ATT is just swapping them out for free, might as well just go that route.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Stop by any retail ATT store. They give them for free. You will be up and running in minutes.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
And don't bother going to an authorized retailer. Make sure its a corporate store. Much more knowledge there and less hassle.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa