Google Nexus 6P mms not working (AT&T)

dwc_sf

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
What worked for me (I'm Verizon btw) was to go into:

Settings -> Apps -> Settings (yes again, use gear icon top right) -> Default Apps

Browser app was not set. I set it to Chrome.

I also rebooted. But then my MMS (group messages) started flowing.

[Edit: I went in previously and looked at my APN names settings, but I did not change anything there]

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Working fine for me on att. Are you using the Nextgenphone APN? Did you come from an iPhone and use iMessage? If so that could be an issue sending MMS to groups that you used with iMessage.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Wow, didn't think that trick would be related, but it worked! Thank goodness I don't have to install another SMS app. Thanks, dwc_sf! :cool:

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Working fine for me on att. Are you using the Nextgenphone APN? Did you come from an iPhone and use iMessage? If so that could be an issue sending MMS to groups that you used with iMessage.

plano, I am. No, went from a Nexus 5 to the 6P. I only noticed the issue when I was sending MMS to non-Hangouts friends.

Edit: BTW, I remember back in the day when you and I were posting in the GS2 Skyrocket section. :)

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
plano, I am. No, went from a Nexus 5 to the 6P. I only noticed the issue when I was sending MMS to non-Hangouts friends.

Edit: BTW, I remember back in the day when you and I were posting in the GS2 Skyrocket section. :)

The Skyrocket! The first ATT LTE phone! The Network was so fast back then! Glad you got MMS up and running!

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
The Skyrocket! The first ATT LTE phone! The Network was so fast back then! Glad you got MMS up and running!

LOL, I know! I sort of miss that phone, because it was my first phone (not the Nexus One that I owned before it) that I ever rooted, unlocked, and flashed a ROM.

Thanks about the MMS! I was going to pull my hair trying to figure out what the deal was.

mcstagger

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Settings -> Apps -> Settings (yes again, use gear icon top right) -> Default Apps

[Edit: I went in previously and looked at my APN names settings, but I did not change anything there]

Very strange, but that worked perfectly. +1 to you.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue, but it was Pushbullet that was causing the problem. I uninstalled anyway now that it's a paid service, and MMS is working fine. I'm also getting my 4+ hours of SOT like I was before I installed Pushbullet.

husa3695

May 23, 2011
Visit site

That worked for me thank you!

anon(614169)

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Okay so I called Google and everything is fine. Called ATT again and they sent a re-registration to my phone WHILE IT'S OFF. Powered back on after a few seconds and it worked like a charm. This is the temporary fix I've been having done but no real solution in place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith