Ported from Verizon to T-Mobile, now not receiving MMS from Verizon users

fuzzywuzzywazzafuzzy

Nov 17, 2022
Visit site
S22+, was purchased through Verizon last year. Just ported from Verizon to T-Mobile and phone is not receiving any MMS from Verizon users. Verizon says it's not their issue, T-Mobile says not their issue. Tried entering APN settings manually, tried everything but a factory reset. I'm hesitant to do that, as it seems it is a network problem, but who's problem is it? Anyone ever deal with this after leaving Verizon?

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
If you can make calls and access the internet, it's probably not an APN issue. MMS text, RCS chat, voice, data, it's all data now.

What messaging app do you use?

If it's Google Messages, turn off the chat features. Clear app data restart the app and turn chat features back on. It will take a few minutes to several hours for everything to reprovision.

If it's Samsung Messages, force stop and clearing app data and restarting it may resolve the issue.

In either case, I can't guarantee you won't lose data.

Last edited:

fuzzywuzzywazzafuzzy

Nov 17, 2022
Visit site
What APN are you using?
  • Name: T-Mobile
  • APN: fast.t-mobile.com
  • Proxy: <Not set>
  • Port: <Not set>
  • Username: <Not set>
  • Password: <Not set>
  • Server: <Not set>
  • MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
  • MMS proxy: <Not set>
  • MMS port: <Not set>
  • MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
  • MCC: 310
  • MNC: 260
  • Authentication Type: <Not set>
  • APN Type: default,supl,mms
  • APN Protocol: IPv4/IPv6
  • APN roaming protocol: IPv4/IPv6
  • Turn APN on/off: Grayed out unless there are multiple APNs
  • Bearer: Unspecified

fuzzywuzzywazzafuzzy

Nov 17, 2022
Visit site
If you can make calls and access the internet, it's probably not an APN issue. MMS text, RCS chat, voice, data, it's all data now.

What messaging app do you use?

If it's Google Messages, turn off the chat features. Clear app data restart the app and turn chat features back on. It will take a few minutes to several hours for everything to reprovision.

If it's Samsung Messages, force stop and clearing app data and restarting it may resolve the issue.

In either case, I can't guarantee you won't lose data.
Google Messages. Will give it a shot, thanks.

fuzzywuzzywazzafuzzy

Nov 17, 2022
Visit site
So, we decided to try to port to Mint Mobile this morning to see if that would fix (if it was a T-Mobile issue) and did not fix the issue. I'm convinced that somehow, something about Verizon didn't complete or release the number properly. No one at Verizon cares because I'm not their customer anymore. No idea how to get someone at Verizon to step up and figure out why their users' MMS aren't coming through.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Go back to the populated APN
Try resetting network>settings>general management>reset>reset network this will reset WiFi password

Also open Google messages and check in settings your phone number verified

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
So, we decided to try to port to Mint Mobile this morning to see if that would fix (if it was a T-Mobile issue) and did not fix the issue. I'm convinced that somehow, something about Verizon didn't complete or release the number properly. No one at Verizon cares because I'm not their customer anymore. No idea how to get someone at Verizon to step up and figure out why their users' MMS aren't coming through.
I presume clearing app data in Google Messages didn't work. How long ago did you port the number? Don't assume that Verizon is at fault. There is a lot going on under the hood, both on the front and back ends. You SHOULD back up your stuff and do a factory reset at this point. This will force the device to fully register and get provisioned by T-Mobile. I know it's a PITA. Once Verizon (or any other carrier) releases a number, it's gone out of its system. Your device IMEI is no longer registered with Verizon as a Verizon device.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Like I said. If you can send/receive phone calls and access the internet, then it is not an APN setting.

If turning off chat services in Google Messages, then clearing app data then turning chat services back on does not work. A factory reset will need to be done.

The factory reset wipes the phones cached network settings and will force it to reprovision using whatever SIM is in the phone.

If you keep porting the number from one carrier to another, it will only make it worse.

Reactions: thecomicbookandme

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter