Will a usb A to C cable work with a standard USB mains charger?

tikigod19

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
will a usb A to C cable work with a standard USB mains charger?

hi all im thinking of buying a nexus 6p which uses reversible usb type c. I have a mains socket with usb ports on and a few chargers where the usb cable comes away from the mains part. Does anyone know if I'll be able to use a usb A to C type cable without any issues on both chargers?

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
re:

hi all im thinking of buying a nexus 6p which uses reversible usb type c. I have a mains socket with usb ports on and a few chargers where the usb cable comes away from the mains part. Does anyone know if I'll be able to use a usb A to C type cable without any issues on both chargers?

Yes it works just fine. I bought several of the iOrange USB A to C cables and they charge just fine.. You will just not get "Rapid Charging" that only works with the C to C cable and the included charging block...

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
re:

Second

Works just fine. Don't get the fast charging but to me, the A to C charging is pretty quick in and of itself. Got this phone on Monday and yesterday was the first time I'd used the C to C fast charger included in the box.

mustang02

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
re:

Second

Works just fine. Don't get the fast charging but to me, the A to C charging is pretty quick in and of itself. Got this phone on Monday and yesterday was the first time I'd used the C to C fast charger included in the box.
3-5hour charge time vs 1.5hour is a big difference with rapid charging.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
re:

I'm loving it! Runs smoothly. I don't hit 50% until my work day ends so I plug up on the way home. Charges fast. Just the best Android I've used!

I use the Type A to Type C to charge at work.. Usually leave around 4pm at 100% and that easily carries me until 6 the next morning when I get back to work..... I usually go to bed still up around 60 - 70% with moderate use.... Doze is awesome because I typically wake up only losing maybe 2% battery overnight.... get to work and plug it up a few times through the day.... (Since I sit at a desk for nearly 9 hours anyway)

I do miss wireless charging though... much easier to throw it down to charge vs trying to maneuver around the cord attached now.... I had not really plugged a phone up to a cord in 3+ years between the Nexus 4, 5 and 6.......

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: will a usb A to C cable work with a standard USB mains charger?

Yeah Doze brings something Android has needed for quite some time and that's better idle battery drain! Welcomed feature of marshmallow!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95