Netflix always crashes.

richgs

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Netflix is not able to run with out crashing on my 6p. Anyone else have this problem at all?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 28636.jpg
    28636.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 160

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
It looks like you have weak signal both WiFi and mobile data.

If you go to WiFi and tap on your network, what do you see for your signal strength. For example, here's mine.
74808028f9a3aba8f518a0e14b621391.jpg

For your mobile data, if you check SIM status and signal strength, what is it in dBm?

My guess is that both your WiFi and mobile network are too slow to run Netflix.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
No nothing wrong on my 6p. However though do you have any other issues when playing video? I have an issue on my 6p where I have to reboot it sometimes because system sounds, and just sounds in general stop working. Been happening since lollipop.

richgs

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
It looks like you have weak signal both WiFi and mobile data.

If you go to WiFi and tap on your network, what do you see for your signal strength. For example, here's mine.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160111/74808028f9a3aba8f518a0e14b621391.jpg

For your mobile data, if you check SIM status and signal strength, what is it in dBm?

My guess is that both your WiFi and mobile network are too slow to run Netflix.

I don't think that is the issue as it has never worked one time since i have received my 6p at launch.

Attachments

• 28637.jpg
    28637.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 129

richgs

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I feel like this is more than enough to run Netflix

Attachments

• 28638.jpg
    28638.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 112

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Do you have problems with other devices using Netflix on the same wifi network?

Also that about running on mobile data?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Many times.. Factory reset as well always crashes just as it loads the main home screen.

After doing a factory data reset, try to install just Netflix and try again. So not install any other apps.

jrasero23

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
don't have any issues with Netflix besides volume is extremely low for it through speakers or headphones unless I do 70%+ volume.

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Wow actually just figured it out. Your router may have a media prioritization feature, one where it will capture and illustrate how much bandwidth is available for all devices. This rate is also provided when queried by any device. In my case, I was foolish enough to purchase a Linksys device and therefore, the automatic configuration determined I had 5mbps where I actually had 18. As soon as I changed this, app works fine. Whoever posted this was a speed test, thank you very much, you pointed me in the right direction!

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Do you happen to be using a wifi extender / repeater? If you do try disconnecting the extender and try the app again. According to Netflix, for some reason Android, the Netflix app, and wifi extenders do not play nice together. I tried using 2 different types and brands of extenders to no avail. BUT if I disconnect and use signal from the original router it works. Anyway I hope this helps someone.

Posted via Android Central App

franzkb

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I had the same exact issue.. Netflix always crashed on my galaxy s6.. It only crashes on my WiFi network. Works on mobile data and all other WiFi networks.

Pirate Arr

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
No I do not have this issue. Netflix opens and works fine on my 6P

Posted via the Android Central App on my Frost Nexus 6P

Hd4show

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
No I do not have this issue. Netflix opens and works fine on my 6P

Posted via the Android Central App on my Frost Nexus 6P

It is a Linksys problem. I had a Linksys n1200 and Netflix would not load on Android devices.. Then I got a link sys extended and replaced the router.. Still no work.. Fast forward a few months.. On a whim after reading some comments I unplugged Linksys extender in the garage and now Netflix works.. Weird. New router is Asus

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
It is a Linksys problem. I had a Linksys n1200 and Netflix would not load on Android devices.. Then I got a link sys extended and replaced the router.. Still no work.. Fast forward a few months.. On a whim after reading some comments I unplugged Linksys extender in the garage and now Netflix works.. Weird. New router is Asus

10 months ago, bud.