Notification sounds reset on 6p

jtmo3

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I've had a 6p for a little over a week. It started out great but now I've been getting call echos on the other callers end and call hang ups. The hang up could come in the first few seconds or after many minutes into a call. I'm on fi so that could be why.

And to top it off, I spent a good amount of time setting up notifications for messages and email and phone calls for different people, etc. I started using the phone this morning and heard it vibrate on my desk. I looked and had just gotten a text but no sound. So, after investigating, ALL of my notifications had reset from my custom ringtones and notification sounds to numbers that do nothing.

I really like this phone but this is becoming a little too much to have to deal with. It took me a while to get these notifications set up and now they're all gone. And to add in the call issues, I'm thinking it might be time to pack it back in the box and send it back.

Has anyone else been having these issues, specifically the notification reset issues? I know people are having some call issues but haven't heard this before with notification sounds.

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Interesting, I had the exact same thing happen about a week ago. I've had the phone since November and have never had any issues at all with my notifications in all that time. But, I was traveling across country last week and I noticed - a few hours after I landed - that I wasn't hearing my notification sounds. When I investigated, I found exactly what you describe. I have no idea why this happened. I reset all my notifications and tones and have not had a similar issue since.

I'm glad you raised this today. I normally would have followed up on this, also, but was traveling for my grandfather's funeral and have been unusually distracted by those events over the past week and, to be honest, simply forgot about it until seeing your post.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has had a similar experience.

As a side note, I did receive and install the April OS Update while I was away (after the notification incident). I have had no other or new issues with the phone since installing the update.

jtmo3

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that. I've only had the phone about a week and a half and it does have the april update on it, so I'm not sure that'll help this issue. But for what it's worth, at least I'm not the only one to see this!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty