Can no longer choose to open Facebook links externally...

NiceGuyJon

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I was on Facebook today, and I noticed links opening in the Facebook browser... I just did a factory reset yesterday so of I thought I simply had to go back into the app settings to change it back. However, I was very surprised to find the option no longer exists! Does anyone know if there is another way to do this? I really HATE that Facebook is forcing me to use their browser. Thanks in advance! Screenshot_20160426-155529.jpg

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I was on Facebook today, and I noticed links opening in the Facebook browser... I just did a factory reset yesterday so of I thought I simply had to go back into the app settings to change it back. However, I was very surprised to find the option no longer exists! Does anyone know if there is another way to do this? I really HATE that Facebook is forcing me to use their browser. Thanks in advance! View attachment 225725

It's been written about a couple of times, but you could use the facebook web app instead. It should save you lots of battery to boot!!

NiceGuyJon

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Ugh, and thus my conundrum! I love the app, but DON'T love using the in-app browser. Also, I apologize for not finding the previous post; I didn't see it in the Nexus 6P forum and admittedly was a little lost when it came to the search feature. Could you please let me know where I can read up on this issue and find out if there is anything to be done? Thank you!

ikalinin

Trusted Member
Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Ugh, and thus my conundrum! I love the app, but DON'T love using the in-app browser. Also, I apologize for not finding the previous post; I didn't see it in the Nexus 6P forum and admittedly was a little lost when it came to the search feature. Could you please let me know where I can read up on this issue and find out if there is anything to be done? Thank you!

Go to settings, apps, gear, opening links and check off for 'open links in app'. Or go through all apps and turnoff as desired.

960311bd75a701317311f6b9f753a85a.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89