Android N and Auto?

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried the Android N update with Android Auto? If so what is your experience with it?

Posted via the Android Central App

bogeyx5

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
That's strange. I tried N with Android Auto on my aftermarket Pioneer unit and all I got were error messages. Never got it to work so I went back to M

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
That's strange. I tried N with Android Auto on my aftermarket Pioneer unit and all I got were error messages. Never got it to work so I went back to M

Was this with the current beta, or a previous Android N release? Since other features like Android Pay weren't "turned on" for N prior to the current beta, you might try it again if you tried a prior release.

OTOH, it could have something to do with the Pioneer unit. Is there any way for you to update the firmware on the Pioneer and could that be the issue?

bogeyx5

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Since I saw nothing negative from anyone else, I decided to re-install N beta. I don't know what was different this time around but my Pioneer unit worked with it. Yay!

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up my new Chevy Volt today and Android Auto in the Volt works fine with Android N. BTW the 2017 Volt isn't shipping with Android Auto, it requires a software update by the dealer. I checked Android Auto on my new car the day before I picked it up, found out that it wasn't installed so I made sure they did it before I accepted the car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa