June update messed up my 6P

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
So I updated my 6P with the June security patch and all seemed to have gone well, that was until I went to charge it a couple of hours later. The main charger that came with the device wouldn't charge the 6P are all. So I tried the additional charge I purchased from the play store. It would charge the phone but not rapid charge it.
So maybe it a coincidence...
Decided to call Google support. Told them I tried a fastboot and I wiped the cache partition, all without success. They where going to replace the charger first, but they couldn't give me a like for like charger only the accessory version.
So long story short. I've a new 6P coming :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree. A factory reset should fix this problem. Any who...let us know how everything is going when you receive the replacement Nexus.

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
This is the price you pay for wanting the latest and greatest quickly. It's why manufacturers are slower to update and cell companies slow that process down even further.

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
This is the price you pay for wanting the latest and greatest quickly. It's why manufacturers are slower to update and cell companies slow that process down even further.

No, they slow down the process because they have to make sure that their bloat works properly on the software supplied by Google. HTC, Samsung, etc all take the Google software and modify it for their devices, then the carriers add bloat to it. Nexus devices don't get the bloat, so they get updates quicker. You make it sound like the Nexus line has a long history of update issues, but I can tell you that, in my experience with smartphones, the Nexus line has been significantly smoother than my previous phones as far as updates. My old HTC M8 had every single update delayed. I didn't even get the 5.1 update before the 6.0 update rolled out, and that was delayed over a month and I wound up installing a custom ROM because the update was terrible.

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
OK so I received my replacement 6P today and set it up. Plugged in the charger from the previous 6P that didn't work into the new 6P.. and it worked! Tried it again in the old device and it's not charging. Also the additional charger I purchased from Google wouldn't rapid charge the old 6P, just normally charge it is rapid charging the new device as it should. So all sorted. 😀

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa