Stop notifications while on a call

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to stop app notifications while on a call? I was just on a call and it seemed like every few seconds the phone would vibrate twice alerting me to something or other. I know that years ago there was something in call settings to stop notifications while talking but I don't see anything like that any more (unless it's hidden).
Is there any way to do this?

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok maybe I'm just blind but I don't see any place there to set it up to continually block notifications while on calls. I think I understand how DND works but that would have to be set up manually every time I got on a call wouldn't it?

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Ok maybe I'm just blind but I don't see any place there to set it up to continually block notifications while on calls. I think I understand how DND works but that would have to be set up manually every time I got on a call wouldn't it?

It should be set it and forget it.. At least that's how it's working for me..

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to stop app notifications while on a call?
I haven't seen any setting within the Dialer, or in Settings -> Sounds (other than going whole hog and enabling DND each time you make/receive a call). I suppose you could use something like Tasker, Llama or IFTTT to create a task that enables DND automatically whenever you make/receive a call and then turns it off when you disconnect.

A quick search of the Google Play Store didn't turn up any apps that advertised this particular capability, although you could look at any of the existing notification blockers and ask the developer to include this scenario.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I found this on the XDA forums. Apparently Google is aware and this issue will be fixed in a future build.

Google search: Issue 220951: 7.0 Nougat vibration during call problem