Who is keeping the 6p this year

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I am.. Because I just got mine.

I don't want to brag (yuck yuck) but I think the 6p is frigging awesome.

Sure I know that many of you are having issues and I am sorry, and I know some want to upgrade soon, but I honestly don't see the need to since this phone is a kickass phone. It certainly isn't the fastest, or Apple/Samsung like, and that's perfectly fine with me.. I don't need vr or a stylus.. Curved screens or glass backed phones..

I would love to see sd card and a huge battery.. But don't necessarily need those or the absolute best camera.. Ir blaster but again all those would be icing on the top of a stellar phone..

So who's going to jump right away for the new ones when they come out or who's going to keep on rocking their 6p..?

I

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'll most likely be getting the Pixel XL as my personal daily driver and will begin using the 6P as my work phone. 5X will then become a backup / drawer keeper. I use two phones though, so not the exact same scenario.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
... I may just grab a 6P this year or early next year. I've been singing its praises since it launched and I miss the Nexus experience.

I get why people still buy it now. It doesn't matter how long ago it came out - it's Nexus, so it's still absolutely relevant, IMO.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Got mine in June, have no intention of changing phones this year...actually hoping I can have this phone for next two years without needing to upgrade. Love this phone.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting the Pixel. The 6p,and another phone will alternate places on a separate line. :)

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
The 6P has been awesome since I got it back in November. I'm having a little issue now and it's unclear if it's the phone. If the replacement I get solves the problem, I'll push down that urge to get the newest for just a couple months.... maybe make it until it is technically not this year.... buy the Pixel XL on January 2nd. :)

If the problem doesn't go away..... I'll be up on the night of the preorders mashing my refresh button with the best of 'em!

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I just got one the other day and like it a lot. I've been wanting to switch out from Moto XPE and get back to a Google phone, but the rumored pricing of the new Pixel phones is way too high for me. Got my 6P on ebay at around $150 less than new pricing. I'll wait a while until someone runs a nice promo before I get the Pixel XL. Until then, I'm very happy with this. Smoother and snappier than the XPE, amazing display, and excellent camera. Only thing I miss are the Moto actions and Moto's active display. The 6P fingerprint sensor makes up for that.

dyastrab

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen a compelling reason to switch to anything else. The 6P just works so well. I wish that it were a bit smaller but it performs so well in so many other areas. I have no desire to stop using it.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I got my 6P and my wife's 5X in May when we joined Project Fi. I see no reason to upgrade to the "latest and greatest" if there isn't a really compelling reason to do so. If there is a compelling reason then maybe I'll change my mind but I don't see that happening.

crosspatch

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I would have to be crazy to dump my 6P after one year after having paid what, $650 for it? Especially now that the fingerprint reader magically started working for me lately.

But of course, they made the battery impossible (or very difficult) to replace, thereby forcing us to replace it eventually, or at least hate using it.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Yep,keeping mine for sure.Broke the screen on my original and could have replaced it with a Note 7,Iphone 7 etc...no chance ,this is still easily the best phone I`ve owned so I bought another 6P and bought a new screen glass for my original phone so I can repair it to use as a standby.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Sold mine a month ago and waiting to see what the Pixel going to offer. Things are getting interesting with all what the Pixel phones going to bring to the table. If I don't like what I see on release date, I'm most likely going Note 5 or 7 instead.

I'm currently passing time on 5x as daily driver.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Keeping mine. So far from the leaked specs of the pixel phones, there really isn't anything that makes me want to jump to them. Minimal upgrade at best, if this was an iPhone it would be an 'S' year.

callanish

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
No complaints whatsoever with my 6P, so it would be only out of pure self indulgence that I would move on to Google's next gen Pixel phones, which from what I'm reading so far, I'm not exactly bowled over by them.. My 6P is good to go for another year.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't make enough money to justify buying a new phone every year if there's nothing wrong with the old one. The Nexus 4 lasted me three years; I'm hoping to get at least two out of the 6P. I'm a little sad that I probably won't get all the customizations of the Pixels, but not enough to throw another half a grand at one when the 6P is still going strong.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87