Using Nexus 6P on Verizon outside the US

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm a current Note 7 owner and have a trip planned to Grand Cayman this weekend. I have a good feeling they won't let me take my Note 7 on the plane and can't go without a phone during the trip so can't take that chance. If I get a Nexus 6P, will my Verizon international plan work on it?

Thanks

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I've used Verizon internationally with several phones including the 6P. Service will vary based on your destination and international calling plan options.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I've used Verizon internationally with several phones including the 6P. Service will vary based on your destination and international calling plan options.

Thanks, I thought it would just wanted to make sure before purchasing the phone.

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I've done some international travel with my 6p on Verizon including New Zealand, several places in the United Kingdom, South Africa and Italy.

The only location I had an issue was in the Bahamas. Voice service was fine, but I couldn't get a data connection even after spending 45 mins on the phone with Verizon.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I used to use Verizon but I buy local SIM cards. Much cheaper. Sucks that you might not have until you find it but for me, it's usually 2 hours or so and that's when I go to the hotel to drop things off and ask around. I find it much cheaper. I pay $40 (which is more then VZW since they pro-rate) but l get 3-5GB of data and 500 minutes which I don't touch. Instead of VZW's 100mb or something like that. I use FB messenger for everything so I just need data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress