6P is freezing, rebooting several times a day. WTH?

ATPhoto75

May 13, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I both have 6P phones running 7.0 and they are CONSTANTLY freezing. I can't believe I'm not hearing about more phones with this issue. I have a Pixel on order but this is extremely frustrating.

Anyone know about a fix? It's been doing this for the past week or so.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Haven't had that on mine or heard of it elsewhere; are you still within warranty and/or have you tried to clear cache or factory reset yet?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'd vote for the above recommendations as well.
And when you setup, choose 'setup as new' rather than restoring your apps, etc.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
My wife and I both have 6P phones running 7.0 and they are CONSTANTLY freezing. I can't believe I'm not hearing about more phones with this issue. I have a Pixel on order but this is extremely frustrating.

Anyone know about a fix? It's been doing this for the past week or so.

I've had the same issue lately. I was on 7.1.1 and my 6p was constantly freezing and unresponsive and I would have to hard reset about 5 to 6 times a day. But I did some adjustment d on my phone and I think it's swift key that's freezing up my entire phone. I just don't think it's compatible with 7.1.1. So my suggestion is run all the basic stock Android apps and see if you still have the issue. Since I've been using the stock Google keyboard nothing has been crashing. Just a thought. Good luck!

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Best thing to do is boot into safe mode and use the phone for a little bit and see if it does it.

Most likely it's an app causing the issue.

Factory reset is more of a good way to see if that fixes the issues you are having.

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I've had the same issue lately. I was on 7.1.1 and my 6p was constantly freezing and unresponsive and I would have to hard reset about 5 to 6 times a day. But I did some adjustment d on my phone and I think it's swift key that's freezing up my entire phone. I just don't think it's compatible with 7.1.1. So my suggestion is run all the basic stock Android apps and see if you still have the issue. Since I've been using the stock Google keyboard nothing has been crashing. Just a thought. Good luck!

I am using SwiftKey on the beta of 7.1.1 and I'm not having any issues with it. Actually, 7.1.1 in general has been really stable, no freezing/crashing for me at all yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty