DND Auto Rules Don't End

davinwv

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
My 6P is going into Do Not Disturb Mode fine at the start time for rules, but it is staying in DND past the end time of the rule.

I've tried deleting the default rules & creating new ones, rebooting, and clearing system cache in Recovery Mode. Nothing has worked thus far.

I am on the Dev Preview on a fresh refurbished 6P (my old one had screen burn). DND worked fine on my previous 6P.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed a bug that it sometimes doesn't go out of DND on the 5X. I usually turn it off manually, and it's fine for a while.

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
There's another thread where another person is reporting this exact issue. Sounds like it's a beta issue for DND - your best bet might be reporting it to Google, assuming it's not one of their known bugs already.

Srandista

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Having the same problem lately on my Nexus 5 stock with 6.0.1. Some helpful advice, how to solve this issue will be much appreciated.

psteve2005

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Interesting that this has cropped up again. I had this issue on my 5X but it was fixed in an update a while back.

My wife now has my 5X and the problem is back. I have a Pixel now and also have the same problem. It started for us a few days ago. I can't be bothered to reset our phones any more, I'm just going to turn it on and off manually as that's what I seem to end up doing anyway!

Srandista

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I just turn it off every morning after I wake up, it's just annoyance and inconvenience. It's better then if it wouldn't starting, but still...

jxnx

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
Was an app called Google VR Services updated around the time you started having issues?

I'm having the same issue on my Pixel, and it coincides with this package updating. This app does have special access permissions to change do not disturb settings.

Disabling the service did not fix the issue for me. Leaving it enabled and running in Safe Mode makes the problem go away, although this service is still shown as running in developer options. A factory reset didn't fix the issue either. So...Do not disturb works correctly only in Safe Mode.

Srandista

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Are you using Android Wear? It seams, that after today's update AW app (version 2.0.0.138705214), problem with DND mode went away. Look at Apkmirror for that version, and please report, if it solve this problem you as well.

davinwv

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Are you using Android Wear? It seams, that after today's update AW app (version 2.0.0.138705214), problem with DND mode went away. Look at Apkmirror for that version, and please report, if it solve this problem you as well.

This update also fixed the issue for me.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana