Any 6P users got the Google Assistant update yet?

Blurr26

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Still no Assistant on my Nexus 6P, too. Funny that a lot of other phones outside the US have been getting Assistant, but the Nexus 6P in the US still does not.

I tried advice written by some of those users ... no luck:
  • Wipe cache for Play Services and Google apps.
  • Go into Google App > Settings > Search Language & re-select the English (US) option several times repeatedly

I think maybe Google just doesn't like us. hehe.
I was under the impression it was to rollout to the U.S. first, then eventually to other countries. Then again, I could be wrong (again, lol). I'm in U.S. and still (sort of patiently) waiting...

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I just checked my 6P and I do in fact have it but I did not receive a notification.

If you hold down your home button for a couple of seconds it should launch automatically. It does the same animation as Google Now on Tap but then the Assistant comes up.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have it but never got a notification. You may be in the same boat. Try holding down the home button and see if the Assistant pops up.
Yes, that's what I keep on trying to do. Still nothing. I get the screen share feature still.

dyastrab

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but I wasn't getting anything when holding down the home button. Them I went to Settings -> Apps -> Configure -> Assist and Voice input. I put it on Google app and then I had the Assistant.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I had to talk to Google Support today regarding a separate matter. He looked up the latest info he has about the Assistant rollout -- all he knew is that everyone should have Assistant by sometime Sunday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty