Google repair policy 6P to Pixel XL

RickInHouston

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
In the last day, or two, there's been articles about some owners with bootloop issues and battery issues. They have sent in their 6P and gotten a Pixel XL in return.

I want some of that!

One article clearly states the screen can't be cracked.

What happens when you send in a 6P with cracked screen? They repair the screen? Maybe when they run out of replacement parts they will upgrade phones with cracked screens as well?

Tell me your story.

Easton091

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
My wife is getting a pixel xl sent to her today or tomorrow. Her 6p was shutting down at 15% battery life. One stipulation, that i have heard, is you had to of bought it from the Google store for the extended coverage. Did not hear anything about a cracked screen though.

NotFromHere

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I cracked my 6p screen a couple of weeks ago. I do have Nexus Protect, so I went through the online process via Assurant, including the $80 deductible, and my replacement device was a refurbished Nexus 6p. That's fine with me. I'd hate to lose the dual front facing speakers. The battery on the first one they sent me showed only 85% health via accubattery. I called to complain and they didn't make any trouble at all about shipping out another one. The replacement for the replacement checks in at 100% battery health. They made it clear that these ship directly from Google, not from them.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I had to call support today. It was 70 minutes before someone got to me. They are swamped with calls since those articles.

SRFast

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
My N6P started to act up by shutting down with decent battery remaining. I requested a CS call and they called me within 60 minutes. I explained the problem to them and told them I was still covered by the Nexus Protect extended warranty. They told me that there were no more N6P devices left on the shelf, but they would replace my unit with a brand new Pixel XL. I agreed to take the XL and have already received the shipping tracking number. The XL will be here Monday. I really like the N6P and its dual front speaker, but it was getting too unreliable when the battery got close to the 30% level.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87