Can't use custom ringtone Android Pie on Nokia 5.1

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've spent all afternoon try to get this to work.

I've uploaded some mp3 files to my Nokia 5.1 running Pie.

I know how to change a ringtone but my phone doesn't show them no matter where I put them.

Help please, I don't want to be stuck with basic Nokia tones.

Thank you.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
They have to be in a folder named Ringtones (the upper case R counts), and after you put them there, restart the phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What file format are the sound files in? They need to be mp3 or ogg (or possibly wav -- I've seen others say that wav doesn't show up, though).

PinkPrincessSu

Jun 11, 2019
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What file format are the sound files in? They need to be mp3 or ogg (or possibly wav -- I've seen others say that wav doesn't show up, though).

Thank you for trying to help. They are MP3, I've done a factory reset and managed to get them to work now.

However, I'm still having hit and miss notifications from Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp dispite turning all notifications to sound etc.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear about the custom tones! For the hit and miss notifications, do you mean that they're appearing in the status bar but just not sounding, or are they not even appearing in the status bar at all?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any power-saving modes or apps turned on? Or is background data restricted? You can also try turning off Battery Optimization for those apps.

PinkPrincessSu

Jun 11, 2019
Visit site
Thanks, had already checked all of those things. Still not working, occasional alert from Facebook Lite (I have both FB versions on now as full version didn’t work), WhatsApp is completely silent and Gmail works when it feels like it.

Even my old Lumia 550 running Windows 10 was better at Notifications.

BenniG

Jul 9, 2019
Visit site
Thank you for trying to help. They are MP3, I've done a factory reset and managed to get them to work now.

However, I'm still having hit and miss notifications from Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp dispite turning all notifications to sound etc.

Hey,how you setup the ringtone?

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty