Live video problem.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
My brother uses Facebook messenger & an app called Line to video chat to friends etc but he says that when he plugs headphones in no one on the other end of the phone can hear him but he can hear them. When he tries it on his Sony Xperia Z3+ he has no problems at all. Any idea what is causing this problem?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Do the headphones have a microphone in them (i.e. a headset)? If so, it might be that the pin-out for the plug is different on the Sony than on the Nokia. If that's the case, whichever unit has the wrong pinout for those headphones, will not be able to work properly (it will either not have a mic signal, or have faulty audio, or start acting up if it has an 'action' button, etc.).

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
The headphones don't have a microphone or a slider on them they are just normal headphones that are just ones you put in your ear then it's just wire all the way down to the part you put in the phone.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Pinout can still be the issue if the Nokia "thinks" it's a headset. Since the headphones don't actually have a microphone then that's why they can't hear him.

Has he tried different headphones? There are also 3rd party apps that can select which source to use for audio input and output... Maybe one of those might help to force the phone to use the internal microphone.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'll get him to try different headphones. The headphones work on the Sony phone though while video chatting.

Yeah, because the Sony phone might not be recognizing them as headsets (which they aren't) and still using the internal microphone for audio input. The Nokia might be thinking the opposite and switches to headset microphone...since your brother's headphones have none, people on the other end hear nothing.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk